Ian Shapiro Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
Dedication to green building technologies honored
Ian Shapiro was honored as Green Building Advocate of the Year during the 2016 New York State Green Building Conference held in Syracuse in April.
The award is presented to an individual actively involved in green building and its supporting disciplines, either in a professional or volunteer capacity, and prominent in promoting the need to reduce the overall impact of the built environment on humans and the natural environment.
"This is a way to honor an individual who inspires us to do more and do better," said Dr. Ed Bogucz, executive director of the Syracuse Center for Excellence.
Shapiro founded Taitem Engineering in 1989. "The company has the best acronym," said Bogucz, "Technology As If The Earth Mattered." The company name is a play on the book that served as inspiration to Shapiro, "Small is Beautiful: Economics as if People Mattered" by E.F. Schumacher.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- The ESF Center for Community Design Research Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
- Landscape Architecture Students Celebrate PARK(ing) Day
- Scientists Turn to UN to Sound Alarm about World’s Oceans
- Mighty Oaks Welcome New Men's Basketball Coach
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210