Ian Shapiro Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
Dedication to green building technologies honored
Ian Shapiro was honored as Green Building Advocate of the Year during the 2016 New York State Green Building Conference held in Syracuse in April.
The award is presented to an individual actively involved in green building and its supporting disciplines, either in a professional or volunteer capacity, and prominent in promoting the need to reduce the overall impact of the built environment on humans and the natural environment.
"This is a way to honor an individual who inspires us to do more and do better," said Dr. Ed Bogucz, executive director of the Syracuse Center for Excellence.
Shapiro founded Taitem Engineering in 1989. "The company has the best acronym," said Bogucz, "Technology As If The Earth Mattered." The company name is a play on the book that served as inspiration to Shapiro, "Small is Beautiful: Economics as if People Mattered" by E.F. Schumacher.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
- Dr. Shijie Liu Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Wins Award to Focus on Source Reduction
- ESF Faculty, Staff Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- ESF Celebrates Graduates Virtually
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210