Gordinier Leads ESF at USCAA National Invitational
Sophomore sprinter finishes first in 100-meter dash
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's track and field teams participated in the USCAA National Invitational April 30 at SUNY Delhi. The field included five teams from New York state, Berea College of Kentucky and the University of Dallas from Texas.
After being out of commission for more than a year becasue of a knee injury, sophomore Shannon Gordinier picked up a first-place finish in the 100-meter dash with a time of 13.05. Gordinier also finished second in the 200-meter dash with a time of 28.03.
Also scoring for the women was freshman Ji-Ann Greenberg with a third-place finish in the triple jump with a distance of 9.78 meters. Freshman distance runner Marissa Lathrop finished in third place in the 1,500-meter run with a time of 5:05.
For the ESF men's team, freshman Sean Satchwell finished ninth in the 1,500-meter run. Senior Peter LeDuc finished in seventh place in the 3,000-meter steeplechase with a time of 10:35.
The invitational was held in conjunction with the National Junior College Athletic Association Region III outdoor championships. The event concluded both the men's and women's 2016 track and field spring season.
Recent ESF News
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams End Season at USCAA Championships
- Women's Cross Country Team Wins National Championship
- ESF Team Reports Discovery of Unusual Molecule
- ESF Alumna Leads Cannabis Team for Law Firm
- 38 ESF Students to Attend Zero Waste Conference
- ESF Represented at Forestry and Wood Products Summit
- Mighty Oaks Sweep HVIAC Tournament
- ESF Kicks Off International Education Week
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- The ESF Center for Community Design Research Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210