Heather Carl Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
Junior soccer player also succeeds in the classroom
Heather Carl, a junior from Greenville, New York, has received the prestigious 2016 SUNY Chancellor's Scholar-Athlete Award.
Carl, a member of the Mighty Oaks women's soccer team, is majoring in natural resources management. She was named a USCAA Academic All-American (student-athletes with an overall GPA of 3.5 or higher) in both 2014 and 2015. This summer, she will work as an intern with the National Forest Service at Pike National Park in Colorado.
Because of her performance on the soccer pitch, Carl was named a USCAA first-team All-American in 2015 and 2016. She led the Mighty Oaks with 15 goals during the 2015 season. She was named a team captain for the upcoming 2016 season as she hopes to lead the squad back to the USCAA national tournament in November.
Student athletes are nominated for the chancellor's honor by their campus athletic director. Their credentials and accomplishments are reviewed by a panel of athletic directors from across SUNY as well as the provost's office.
Recent ESF News
- Is Water Quality in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210