ESF Bass Fishing Team Finishes 5th in Regional Event
Team qualifies for national championship in March 2017
The ESF bass fishing team captured a fifth-place finish June 4 in the FLW (Fishing League Worldwide) College Fishing Northern Conference event on the Potomac River in Marbury, Maryland. With more than 50 schools competing, the ESF team turned in one its best-ever performances.
The high finish meant the team, featuring juniors Ethan Hall and Raymond Bentz, qualified for the FLW national championships in March 2017. They also took home a $500 prize .
During the one-day competition, the ESF team caught five bass fish weighing in at a total of 16 pounds.
The FLW summer series continues at Chautauqua Lake, New York, July 23.
Recent ESF News
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams End Season at USCAA Championships
- Women's Cross Country Team Wins National Championship
- ESF Team Reports Discovery of Unusual Molecule
- ESF Alumna Leads Cannabis Team for Law Firm
- 38 ESF Students to Attend Zero Waste Conference
- ESF Represented at Forestry and Wood Products Summit
- Mighty Oaks Sweep HVIAC Tournament
- ESF Kicks Off International Education Week
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- The ESF Center for Community Design Research Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210