ESF Bass Fishing Team Finishes 5th in Regional Event
Team qualifies for national championship in March 2017
The ESF bass fishing team captured a fifth-place finish June 4 in the FLW (Fishing League Worldwide) College Fishing Northern Conference event on the Potomac River in Marbury, Maryland. With more than 50 schools competing, the ESF team turned in one its best-ever performances.
The high finish meant the team, featuring juniors Ethan Hall and Raymond Bentz, qualified for the FLW national championships in March 2017. They also took home a $500 prize .
During the one-day competition, the ESF team caught five bass fish weighing in at a total of 16 pounds.
The FLW summer series continues at Chautauqua Lake, New York, July 23.
Recent ESF News
- Biodiversity 'Hotspots' Imperiled along Californiaís Streams
- ESF President Mahoney Speaks at International Conference
- ESF Creates New Electric Vehicle Charging Hub in Syracuse
- ESFís Bachelorís in Forestry Ranked No. 1
- ESF to Auction Presidential Residence
- ESF Researchers Receive GLRC Grant
- Tremont, Fedrizzi Receive Annual Feinstone Award
- ESF Faculty, Staff Receive Chancellorís Awards
- Dr. Chris Whipps Honored with Foundation Award for Exceptional Achievement in Teaching Award
- Dr. Chris Whipps Honored with Exemplary Researcher Award
- ESF Celebrates the Class of 2021
- ESF To Award First Online Sustainability Management Degree Saturday
- ESF Researchers Receive Grants from Northeastern States Research Cooperative
- ESF Announces Graduation Weekend Schedule
- Solar Energy Basics Hits 50,000-plus Enrollments
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210