ESF Bass Fishing Team Finishes 5th in Regional Event
Team qualifies for national championship in March 2017
The ESF bass fishing team captured a fifth-place finish June 4 in the FLW (Fishing League Worldwide) College Fishing Northern Conference event on the Potomac River in Marbury, Maryland. With more than 50 schools competing, the ESF team turned in one its best-ever performances.
The high finish meant the team, featuring juniors Ethan Hall and Raymond Bentz, qualified for the FLW national championships in March 2017. They also took home a $500 prize .
During the one-day competition, the ESF team caught five bass fish weighing in at a total of 16 pounds.
The FLW summer series continues at Chautauqua Lake, New York, July 23.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
- Dr. Shijie Liu Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Wins Award to Focus on Source Reduction
- ESF Faculty, Staff Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- ESF Celebrates Graduates Virtually
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210