ESF among SUNY Leaders in Support for Minority-, Women-owned Businesses
College surpasses SUNY goals
ESF is one of the leaders among State University of New York (SUNY) campuses in supporting minority- and women-owned businesses (M/WBE).
During the 2015 fiscal year, the college awarded 41 percent of its contracts for commodities and services (which translates to more than $780,000 in business) to women-owned business enterprises, the second-highest percentage among the 31 SUNY campus locations included in the most recent report. During the same year, ESF awarded 56 percent of such contracts to either a minority- or women-owned business (worth more than $1 million), ranking the college fourth in the SUNY system.
SUNY had set a goal of 30 percent of contracts being awarded to M/WBEs.
"ESF joins New York and SUNY in their commitments to providing the education, training and support that will help minority- and women-owned business enterprises compete for state contracts," said ESF President Quentin Wheeler. "This is a team effort and I thank our outstanding faculty and staff for their commitment to this initiative. We will continue to show minority- and women-owned business enterprises in our community that we are dedicated and serious about providing opportunities."
Recent ESF News
- ESF Participates in Remembrance for Lost Species
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams End Season at USCAA Championships
- Women's Cross Country Team Wins National Championship
- ESF Team Reports Discovery of Unusual Molecule
- ESF Alumna Leads Cannabis Team for Law Firm
- 38 ESF Students to Attend Zero Waste Conference
- ESF Represented at Forestry and Wood Products Summit
- Mighty Oaks Sweep HVIAC Tournament
- ESF Kicks Off International Education Week
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- The ESF Center for Community Design Research Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210