ESF among SUNY Leaders in Support for Minority-, Women-owned Businesses
College surpasses SUNY goals
ESF is one of the leaders among State University of New York (SUNY) campuses in supporting minority- and women-owned businesses (M/WBE).
During the 2015 fiscal year, the college awarded 41 percent of its contracts for commodities and services (which translates to more than $780,000 in business) to women-owned business enterprises, the second-highest percentage among the 31 SUNY campus locations included in the most recent report. During the same year, ESF awarded 56 percent of such contracts to either a minority- or women-owned business (worth more than $1 million), ranking the college fourth in the SUNY system.
SUNY had set a goal of 30 percent of contracts being awarded to M/WBEs.
"ESF joins New York and SUNY in their commitments to providing the education, training and support that will help minority- and women-owned business enterprises compete for state contracts," said ESF President Quentin Wheeler. "This is a team effort and I thank our outstanding faculty and staff for their commitment to this initiative. We will continue to show minority- and women-owned business enterprises in our community that we are dedicated and serious about providing opportunities."
Recent ESF News
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
- Dr. Shijie Liu Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Wins Award to Focus on Source Reduction
- ESF Faculty, Staff Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- ESF Celebrates Graduates Virtually
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210