Woodsmen 2nd at East Coast Lumberjack Roundup
Men's, women's teams face off against six schools
The ESF Woodsmen's team hosted the East Coast Lumberjack Roundup at the Tully Field Station Nov. 5.
The competition featured six schools in addition to ESF and a team from the ESF Ranger School: Paul Smith's College, Finger Lakes Community College, Alfred State College, SUNY Cobleskill, Penn State and Morrisville State.
The ESF men's squad finished in second place overall after Paul Smith's College. The Woodsmen were led by Ethan Hall, who competed in the Timber Sports U.S. Championships last summer. Hall finished first in the hard hit competition and the underhand chop doubles event with Tim Pietrzykowski. The men's squad also finished first in the pulp toss.
On the women's side, the team consisting of Michelle Vasiloff, Racheal Smith, Hope Mahon, Eliza Phillips, Juliana Ofalt and Alexa Denoff finished first in the team log roll event. Phillips placed first in the firebuild competition while Vasiloff finished first in the cookie stack event.
The Woodsmen will be back in action next spring at the Alfred State Pioneer Woodsmen Competition April 1.
Recent ESF News
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams End Season at USCAA Championships
- Women's Cross Country Team Wins National Championship
- ESF Team Reports Discovery of Unusual Molecule
- ESF Alumna Leads Cannabis Team for Law Firm
- 38 ESF Students to Attend Zero Waste Conference
- ESF Represented at Forestry and Wood Products Summit
- Mighty Oaks Sweep HVIAC Tournament
- ESF Kicks Off International Education Week
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- The ESF Center for Community Design Research Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210