Mighty Oaks Start Indoor Track Season at All-Comers Meet
Sophomore finishes second in 400-meter dash
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's track teams started the 2017 season at the United States of America Track and Field Adirondack All-Comers Meet in Utica, New York.
This unique race features competitors of all ages (from 16 to 73) and skill levels. Most competitors compete at high school, collegiate or club levels. Each race is co-ed.
ESF Sophomore Nick Giordano placed second in the 400-meter dash with a time of 53.88. Junior Shannon Gordinier managed an impressive 16th-place finish (7.98) out of 77 sprinters in the 60-meter dash.
Sophomores James Boyd (16th, 4:53) and Ethan Appelgren (17th, 4:55) and freshman Nathan Tyler (18th, 4:55) placed in the top 20 in the 1,500-meter race. Sophomore Marissa Lathrop was top finisher for the women's squad in the 1,500 -un with a 25th-place finish and time of 5:16. Sophomore Sean Satchwell finished in second place in the 800-meter dash with a time of 2:11.
Both teams will be in action again at the Cornell Open Mar. 19.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- The ESF Center for Community Design Research Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
- Landscape Architecture Students Celebrate PARK(ing) Day
- Scientists Turn to UN to Sound Alarm about World’s Oceans
- Mighty Oaks Welcome New Men's Basketball Coach
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210