CNY Girls Summit Career Conference Comes to ESF
Program to focus on combatting gender stereotyping
A daylong summit developed to increase confidence and foster educational and career aspirations in middle and high school girls, organized by Girls Inc. at the YWCA, will be held on the College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) campus 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday, April 29.
Girls Summit is a STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) career conference created for girls in grades six through 10.
This, the 9th annual summit, will include hands-on workshops on a variety of STEM topics and a panel discussion about the transition from high school to college. Workshops include building watershed models and wind turbines, fermentation, paper making and testing, "Scratch" programming, app building, and heart rate regulation.
ESF faculty and students will facilitate a number of the workshops.
All girls in grades sixth through 10 in Central New York are welcome and encouraged to attend.
The CNY Girls Summit Career Conference is organized by Girls Inc. at the YWCA in collaboration with ESF, Syracuse University's Science, Technology Entry Program and ESF's Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Participates in Remembrance for Lost Species
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams End Season at USCAA Championships
- Women's Cross Country Team Wins National Championship
- ESF Team Reports Discovery of Unusual Molecule
- ESF Alumna Leads Cannabis Team for Law Firm
- 38 ESF Students to Attend Zero Waste Conference
- ESF Represented at Forestry and Wood Products Summit
- Mighty Oaks Sweep HVIAC Tournament
- ESF Kicks Off International Education Week
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- The ESF Center for Community Design Research Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210