Syracuse CoE Invites Proposals for Seed Projects in Environmental, Energy Systems
Funding aims to catalyze future research opportunities
SyracuseCoE-New York State's Center of Excellence in Environmental and Energy Systems-is offering funding to support seed projects that strengthen faculty scholarship in clean and renewable energy, indoor environmental quality and water resources. Successful applicants will participate in the SyracuseCoE Faculty Fellows Program, which provides leadership for SyracuseCoE's core research areas and supports engagements with academic and industry partners. Funding awarded to seed projects also is intended to catalyze research that will lead to future opportunities, including funding from federal agencies or commercial sources.
The Faculty Fellows Program is open to faculty members at SyracuseCoE Partner institutions: Syracuse University, SUNY Upstate Medical University, and the College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF). All proposals must address how the use of the Faculty Fellow funds will lead to a significant "next step" in the research, lead to or leverage follow-on funding opportunities, and contribute to establishing the Syracuse University and SyracuseCoE partner institutions as thought leaders in the targeted area.
SyracuseCoE has released a Request for Proposals and intends to award up to $100,000 in this round. Proposals for seed projects that engage multiple faculty members may request up to $25,000. Seed projects involving a single faculty member are eligible to receive up to $10,000. The deadline for applications is May 11, 2017.
The 2016-2017 round of projects in the SyracuseCoE Faculty Fellows Program were announced in October 2016. Six research and innovation projects led by faculty members from Syracuse University and ESF were competitively selected to receive awards totaling $114,000. The projects engaged a total of 12 faculty members from four schools and colleges at Syracuse University and ESF.
Awards under the Faculty Fellows program are made possible by funding to support SyracuseCoE activities awarded by Empire State Development's Division of Science, Technology and Innovation (NYSTAR).
Recent ESF News
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210