Mighty Oaks Track Teams Finish Season at USCAA Invitational
Junior Shannon Gordinier continues dominance in 100-meter dash
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's track teams participated in the USCAA Invitational at SUNY Delhi April 29. The women's team finished fourth out of 10 schools while the men's team placed ninth out of 10 schools.
Junior sprinter Shannon Gordinier won the 100-meter dash with a time of 12.58. Gordinier has dominated this event at each of ESF's competitions this season with three first-place finishes. Gordinier also racked up a second-place finish in the 200-meter dash with a time of 26.91.
Sophomore Marissa Lathrop also scored for the Mighty Oaks, placing third in the 400-meter dash (1:03) and fourth in the 800-meter run (2:30). The time the 400-meter dash was a new personal record (PR) for Lathrop. Sophomore Erin Cuddihy also set a new PR in the 1,500-meter run with a time of 5:24, placing sixth out of 12 runners.
For the men, the 4x800-meter rely team, consisting of freshmen Sam Schneider, Devin Murphy and Andrew Noble and sophomore Sean Satchwell ,placed first with a time of 9:11. Sophomore Ethan Appelgren set a new PR in the 10,000-meter run with a time of 36:46 and had a third-place finish. Murphy also picked up top-10 finishes in the 800-meter run (ninth - 2:12) and 1,500-meter run (seventh - 4:30).
Both teams finished another successful season with several top individual finishes and personal records.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- ESF Center for CCDR Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
- Landscape Architecture Students Celebrate PARK(ing) Day
- Scientists Turn to UN to Sound Alarm about World’s Oceans
- Mighty Oaks Welcome New Men's Basketball Coach
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210