ESF Earns ‘Leader’ Status from REV Campus Challenge
NYSERDA program promotes clean-energy projects
ESF has been designated as a "Leader" by the REV Campus Challenge, which promotes clean-energy efforts by colleges and universities in New York state.
The program, part of the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA), recognizes and supports schools that implement clean-energy projects and principles on campus, in the classroom, and in surrounding communities. "Leader" is the top category among participants and includes 22 colleges and universities throughout the state.
For the purposes of the REV Campus Challenge, clean energy includes energy efficiency, energy conservation, and renewable energy efforts.
REV Campus Challenge members include two- and four-year, public and private institutions from all regions of New York state. From community colleges to state research universities to private liberal arts colleges, REV Campus Challenge members represent New York's leaders in institutional sustainability.
"As an institution of higher education, we recognize the unique position we are in to further clean-energy adoption in New York state through our actions on campus, by training tomorrow's leaders and by working with our local communities," said ESF President Quentin Wheeler. "By joining the REV Campus Challenge, ESF is demonstrating its commitment to advancing clean energy initiatives on campus, in the classroom and in the surrounding community."
Recent ESF News
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210