ESF Earns ‘Leader’ Status from REV Campus Challenge
NYSERDA program promotes clean-energy projects
ESF has been designated as a "Leader" by the REV Campus Challenge, which promotes clean-energy efforts by colleges and universities in New York state.
The program, part of the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA), recognizes and supports schools that implement clean-energy projects and principles on campus, in the classroom, and in surrounding communities. "Leader" is the top category among participants and includes 22 colleges and universities throughout the state.
For the purposes of the REV Campus Challenge, clean energy includes energy efficiency, energy conservation, and renewable energy efforts.
REV Campus Challenge members include two- and four-year, public and private institutions from all regions of New York state. From community colleges to state research universities to private liberal arts colleges, REV Campus Challenge members represent New York's leaders in institutional sustainability.
"As an institution of higher education, we recognize the unique position we are in to further clean-energy adoption in New York state through our actions on campus, by training tomorrow's leaders and by working with our local communities," said ESF President Quentin Wheeler. "By joining the REV Campus Challenge, ESF is demonstrating its commitment to advancing clean energy initiatives on campus, in the classroom and in the surrounding community."
Recent ESF News
- ESF Joins 19 New York Colleges and Universities to Purchase Large-Scale Aggregated Renewable Energy
- ESF Alum Named 2019 AASHE Sustainability Award Winner
- ESF Opens Food Pantry for Students
- ESF among Sierra Magazine’s 2019 Top ‘Cool Schools’
- ESF, Syracuse University Announce Renewed Academic, Research-Based Partnership
- ESF Named Top Performer in 2019 Sustainable Campus Index
- ESF Brings Science to the New York State Fair
- ESF Welcomes First-year and Transfer Students
- ESF Named a Top Green College by Princeton Review
- Governor Appoints New Trustees to ESF Board
- ESF Represented at Bioeconomy Conference
- Great Lakes Research Consortium Awards Funding to Five Projects
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester
- ESF Student Among Delegation Attending Committee on World Food Security
- Community Invited to ESF to Share Ideas About Future of Erie Canal
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210