ESF Earns ‘Leader’ Status from REV Campus Challenge
NYSERDA program promotes clean-energy projects
ESF has been designated as a "Leader" by the REV Campus Challenge, which promotes clean-energy efforts by colleges and universities in New York state.
The program, part of the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA), recognizes and supports schools that implement clean-energy projects and principles on campus, in the classroom, and in surrounding communities. "Leader" is the top category among participants and includes 22 colleges and universities throughout the state.
For the purposes of the REV Campus Challenge, clean energy includes energy efficiency, energy conservation, and renewable energy efforts.
REV Campus Challenge members include two- and four-year, public and private institutions from all regions of New York state. From community colleges to state research universities to private liberal arts colleges, REV Campus Challenge members represent New York's leaders in institutional sustainability.
"As an institution of higher education, we recognize the unique position we are in to further clean-energy adoption in New York state through our actions on campus, by training tomorrow's leaders and by working with our local communities," said ESF President Quentin Wheeler. "By joining the REV Campus Challenge, ESF is demonstrating its commitment to advancing clean energy initiatives on campus, in the classroom and in the surrounding community."
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
- Army Touches Down at Ranger School for Training Mission
- ESF Professor's New Book Looks at What Makes Something 'Alive'
- Ducks Unlimited Lists ESF among 'Sweet 16' Collegiate Chapters
- Trees Cope with Harsh Conditions, Surprising Researchers
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210