ESF Earns ‘Leader’ Status from REV Campus Challenge
NYSERDA program promotes clean-energy projects
ESF has been designated as a "Leader" by the REV Campus Challenge, which promotes clean-energy efforts by colleges and universities in New York state.
The program, part of the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA), recognizes and supports schools that implement clean-energy projects and principles on campus, in the classroom, and in surrounding communities. "Leader" is the top category among participants and includes 22 colleges and universities throughout the state.
For the purposes of the REV Campus Challenge, clean energy includes energy efficiency, energy conservation, and renewable energy efforts.
REV Campus Challenge members include two- and four-year, public and private institutions from all regions of New York state. From community colleges to state research universities to private liberal arts colleges, REV Campus Challenge members represent New York's leaders in institutional sustainability.
"As an institution of higher education, we recognize the unique position we are in to further clean-energy adoption in New York state through our actions on campus, by training tomorrow's leaders and by working with our local communities," said ESF President Quentin Wheeler. "By joining the REV Campus Challenge, ESF is demonstrating its commitment to advancing clean energy initiatives on campus, in the classroom and in the surrounding community."
Recent ESF News
- ESF Students Honored With Chancellor’s Award for Student Excellence
- ESF Announces Plans for Fall 2021 Semester
- Dr. Rundell Named Editor-in-Chief of International Scientific Journal for Molluscs
- ESF Receives SUNY Grant for Food Pantry Refrigeration
- Vote for Oakie in SUNY’s 2021 Mascot Madness
- ESF Hosts Mini Maple Weekend at Heiberg Forest
- SUNY Announces Grand Opening of Vector Biocontainment Lab at Upstate Medical to Research Infectious Diseases
- Tap Into Maple Syrup at Heiberg Forest
- March Mammal Madness Takes to Twitter
- ESF Student Honored with Award for Student Excellence
- Vending Machines Part of the Plastic-Free Solution
- ESF Hires Project Director for NYS Center for Sustainable Materials Management
- Class Crosses Continents to Prepare Consultants
- ESF Against the Stigma of Mental Illness Promotes Mental Health Awareness
- ESF Helps Give Westcott Reservoir Expanded Purpose
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210