Money Magazine Ranks ESF among ‘Best Colleges for Your Money’
Graduation rate, alumni success among factors considered
The College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) is listed among the top "100 Best Colleges for Your Money 2017," according to Money magazine.
ESF ranks No. 70, putting the college in the top 10 percent of top-performing colleges that were analyzed.
"…ESF is focused on environmental education and sustainability, and its green campus initiative aims to make the campus entirely carbon neutral," Money states. ESF is cited for having a six-year graduation rate that is "noticeably above average when compared to universities with similar student demographics."
Money also offers quotes from what students are saying on Niche.com, a website that analyzes dozens of public data sets and millions of reviews to produce comprehensive rankings, report cards, and profiles for every K-12 school, college, and neighborhood in the U.S.:
- "The education at this school is top notch. When employers hear that someone has an ESF degree, they know that they're very qualified for a position in the scientific field."
- "Professors are brilliant….ESF is definitely the best undergraduate college for environmental science and forestry in the coterminous United States."
- "Students are held to higher standards than at many other institutions. I have been offered internships specifically because my education is happening at ESF."
Because college is the second-largest financial expenditure for many families, Money drew on research and advice from dozens of the nation's top experts on education quality, financing, and value to develop a new, uniquely practical analysis of more than 700 of the nation's best-performing colleges. MONEY ranks colleges based on 27 measures of educational quality, affordability, and alumni success. In each category, the magazine used at least one "value-added" measure, which reveals a school's performance after subtracting the impact of its average student's test scores and percentage of low-income students.
More ESF News
- ESF Students Join Efforts to Rebuild Puerto Rico
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2018
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
- Researchers Find Whole Genome Duplication Has Occurred Many Times during Evolution of Insects
- Chemistry Graduate Student Wins Award
- Nomura Group Recognized for Top Article
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210