Dr. Guy Baldassarre Honored with Conservation Award
Ducks Unlimited Wetlands Conservation Achievement Award in Research/Technology
SYRACUSE - Dr. Guy Baldassarre, a professor at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF), was presented with the prestigious Ducks Unlimited Wetlands Conservation Achievement Award in Research/Technology for 2008.
Baldassarre, a distinguished teaching professor in the Department of Environmental and Forest Biology, was honored for his long-term contributions to the conservation of wetlands and waterfowl in North America.
A resident of Tully, Baldassarre's research interests have focused on aspects of waterbird ecology. His interests include waterfowl ecology and management, work with the Caribbean flamingo, shorebirds (piping plover), and wetland bird diversity in general.
The award will be presented during the annual North American Wildlife and Natural Resources Conference in Phoenix, Ariz.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- ESF Center for CCDR Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
- Landscape Architecture Students Celebrate PARK(ing) Day
- Scientists Turn to UN to Sound Alarm about World’s Oceans
- Mighty Oaks Welcome New Men's Basketball Coach
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210