Mighty Oaks Weekend Recap - Dec. 3
Men's and women's track teams dominate 5k
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's track teams traveled to Cornell University for the Greg Page Relays.
The annual event features a mix of Division I, II and III schools as well as participants from Canadian universities and non-collegiate runners.
unior Marissa Lathrop finished third overall in the women's 5k with a time of 18:58 - a new ESF school record. Freshman Erin Cocca came in sixth with a time of 20:17.
The men also performed well in the 5k race. An ESF trio finished in third, fourth and fifth places overall - freshman Mark McClenahan (16:41), junior Ethan Appelgren (16:47) and junior Ben Wasserman (17:01). Mighty Oaks men's and women's assistant track Coach Todd Halbig participated in the race as an unattached runner and placed sixth overall with a time of 17:03.
The Mighty Oaks are off until Jan. 27 when they race at the Brockport Invitational.
On the basketball court, the Mighty Oaks once again struggled offensively versus the Villa Maria Vikings, falling 91-55. The Vikings jumped out to a huge 59-19 half time lead. The Mighty Oaks shot 32 percent from the field. ESF was led by freshman Zachary Dormer's 11 points. Senior Tyler Kuhn added 10 points and nine rebounds.
The Mighty Oaks fall to 2-4 overall and hope to find their offensive groove Dec. 7 vs Alfred State.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Lauded in College Rankings
- Wolf Pups Born in Isle Royale National Park
- Three New Book Projects for Distinguished Professor
- Grant funds New York State Center for Sustainable Materials Management
- Hazardous Air Pollutant Exposure Linked as Contributing Factor to COVID-19 Mortality in the United States
- Governor Announces Partnerships with SUNY Schools to Reduce Waste, Improve Recycling Across State
- Forest Carbon Sink Neutralized By Pervasive Growth-Lifespan Trade-offs
- Researchers Investigating a Renewable Solvent for Biofuel Production
- Prof J. Scott Turner Receives Fulbright U.S. Scholar Award to Namibia for Building Effective Online Educational Media
- ESF Faculty/Trustee Appointed to New York State Climate Action Council Advisory Panels
- Leaders Step Forward to Assume Interim Roles
- Ph.D. Student Jenny Frank Featured Presenter on Biodiesel
- ESF’s Landscape Architecture Department Moves Downtown
- ESF Researchers at Forefront of SARS-CoV2 Monitoring
- ESF’s Board of Trustees to Meet
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210