Men's Basketball Falls to Alfred State
Freshman Henry Pflaumer leads ESF with 12 points
The Mighty Oaks traveled to Alfred, New York where they faced off against the Pioneers of Alfred State.
The Pioneers jumped out to an early 10-point lead, 17-7, six minutes into the first half. That lead would stay at 10 at half time, 38-28.
The Mighty Oaks were able to get within seven points early into the second half but an 18-2 run by Alfred State put the game out of reach for ESF. The game finished in a 78-49 victory for the Pioneers.
Freshman guard Henry Pflaumer led ESF with 12 points, including four three-pointers. Sophomore guard James Squier added 10 points. Alfred State was led by junior forward Dante Jordan's 11 points and seven rebounds. ESF struggled from the field for the third game in a row, shooting only 32 percent from the field, 33 percent from the free-throw line (5-15).
The Mighty Oaks fall to 2-4 overall and face Williamson on the road Dec. 10 and then return home Dec. 18 versus Central Penn.
Recent ESF News
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210