Paul Smith's College Bests ESF
Three-point shooting overwhelms the Mighty Oaks
The Bobcats shot 14 three-pointers in a 87-73 win over ESF.
The Bobcats got off to a hot shooting start from the opening tip, jumping out to an 8-3 lead. ESF tied it up, 10-10, off a basket from senior Tyler Kuhn with 15 minutes remaining. The rest of the first half was tight with the Mighty Oaks leading by as many as four points. At half time, ESF held on to a two-point lead, 36-34.
The Bobcats opened the second half the same way they started the game, with a three-pointer. Bobcats guards Max Peguero and Kris Carroll shot 6-9 and 5-8 behind the three-point arc for the game. Despite the hot shooting by Paul Smith's College, ESF wasn't out of the game. Strong play by freshman guard Henry Pflaumer and Kuhn helped ESF to a tie score, 62-62, with seven minutes remaining. A 10-0 run by the Bobcats put ESF into a hole they could not get out of. Bobcats came away with a 87-73 win.
Paul Smith's College shot a sizzling 14-26, 53 percent behind the arc. Peguero scored 23 points for the Bobcats. ESF was led by Kuhn's double-double 17 points and 10 rebounds. Freshman Zach Dormer added 11 points for the Mighty Oaks who fall to 4-13 overall. The Bobcats improve to 6-20. ESF faces conference rivals Davis College, Wednesday, Feb. 7 at the Carrier Dome for Senior Night.
Recent ESF News
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210