Mighty Oaks Compete at Geneseo Invitational
Runners set two school records
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's outdoor track season got underway at the Geneseo Invitational this past weekend. Despite strong winds and brisk race conditions, team members managed to set two school records.
Junior Marissa Lathrop set a new school record in the 5K with a time of 19:36, giving her a seventh-place finish overall out of 29 runners. Lathrop now owns three outdoor track school records.
Senior Laura Wengert also had a strong finish in the 5K race, placing one spot after Lathrop, eighth overall with a time of 19:42.
The men's 4x400 relay team smashed the previous school record by eight seconds with a time of 3:44. The team, comprising freshmen Anders Proft, Ethan Ballard and Buck Haines, and senior James Longo, finished fifth out of nine teams.
In the men's 5k race, freshman Mark McClenahan placed 29th overall with a time 16:55 in a crowded race featuring 51 runners.
A small contingent from the team will compete April 7 at St. Lawerence University in the Saints Ice Broken Open.
Recent ESF News
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210