Mighty Oaks Compete at Geneseo Invitational
Runners set two school records
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's outdoor track season got underway at the Geneseo Invitational this past weekend. Despite strong winds and brisk race conditions, team members managed to set two school records.
Junior Marissa Lathrop set a new school record in the 5K with a time of 19:36, giving her a seventh-place finish overall out of 29 runners. Lathrop now owns three outdoor track school records.
Senior Laura Wengert also had a strong finish in the 5K race, placing one spot after Lathrop, eighth overall with a time of 19:42.
The men's 4x400 relay team smashed the previous school record by eight seconds with a time of 3:44. The team, comprising freshmen Anders Proft, Ethan Ballard and Buck Haines, and senior James Longo, finished fifth out of nine teams.
In the men's 5k race, freshman Mark McClenahan placed 29th overall with a time 16:55 in a crowded race featuring 51 runners.
A small contingent from the team will compete April 7 at St. Lawerence University in the Saints Ice Broken Open.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
- CCLP Honored for Landscape Preservation Project in California
- American Fisheries Society Honors Ringler
- ESF Hosts Largest-Ever Incoming International Class
- ESF Hosts Inclusive Excellence Welcome Reception
- 2018 Fall Sports Preview
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210