ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
Track duo honored for accomplishments on track and in classroom
Shannon Gordinier and Marissa Lathrop are the recipients of the prestigious 2018 SUNY Chancellor's Scholar-Athlete Award.
Gordinier, a senior wildlife science major, set several school and course records in 60-, 100- and 200-meter dash during her Mighty Oaks track career. Gordinier was also a star on the soccer field, she was second on the team in scoring with 13 goals during the 2017 season. In the same season she was named to the USCAA All-American First Team as well as an Academic All-American (student-athletes with an overall GPA of 3.5 or higher). Gordinier will start a job this summer at Letchworth State Park outside Geneseo, New York.
Lathrop, a junior, had a stellar 2018 track season setting several school records and top 10 finishes in the 800-meter, 1,500-meter and 5,000-meter races. Lathrop also had a tremendous cross country season. The environmental biology major finished in fifth place overall at the 2017 USCAA Cross Country National Championships and placed in the top five in several races during the cross country season.
Student-athletes are nominated for the chancellor's honor by their campus athletic director. Their credentials and accomplishments are reviewed by a panel of athletic directors from across SUNY as well as the provost's office.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Welcomes First-year and Transfer Students
- ESF Named a Top Green College by Princeton Review
- Governor Appoints New Trustees to ESF Board
- ESF Represented at Bioeconomy Conference
- Great Lakes Research Consortium Awards Funding to Five Projects
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester
- ESF Student Among Delegation Attending Committee on World Food Security
- Community Invited to ESF to Share Ideas About Future of Erie Canal
- ESF Professor Honored by Russian University
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Scientist Helps Locate Wolf That Died on Isle Royale
- Cuomo Announces Initiative to Reimagine Erie Canal as Catalyst for Economic Development, Resiliency
- ESF Employees Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- Dr. Jacqueline Frair Presented with Exemplary Research Award
- ESF Student Designed Bridge Judged Most Innovative
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210