Women's Woodsmen Takes First at Dartmouth
Mighty Oaks teams excel at final competition of the year
The ESF women's Woodsmen team took first place during the final competition of the year at Dartmouth College.
The women's and men's teams competed in the April 28 meet. The ESF women's team placed first overall in their division, winning the championship. The women won the following events: canoe relay, log roll, pulp toss, team crosscut, team bowsaw, vertical chop, underhand chop, chainsaw disc stack, birling and packboard relay.
The men's team finished with a close second place overall winning the canoe relay event, axe throwing and the vertical chop. They also placed in the pole climb event, team crosscut, birling and log roll.
The woodsmen team is off for the summer and will resume competition in the fall.
Recent ESF News
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210