Women's Woodsmen Takes First at Dartmouth
Mighty Oaks teams excel at final competition of the year
The ESF women's Woodsmen team took first place during the final competition of the year at Dartmouth College.
The women's and men's teams competed in the April 28 meet. The ESF women's team placed first overall in their division, winning the championship. The women won the following events: canoe relay, log roll, pulp toss, team crosscut, team bowsaw, vertical chop, underhand chop, chainsaw disc stack, birling and packboard relay.
The men's team finished with a close second place overall winning the canoe relay event, axe throwing and the vertical chop. They also placed in the pole climb event, team crosscut, birling and log roll.
The woodsmen team is off for the summer and will resume competition in the fall.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- The ESF Center for Community Design Research Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
- Landscape Architecture Students Celebrate PARK(ing) Day
- Scientists Turn to UN to Sound Alarm about World’s Oceans
- Mighty Oaks Welcome New Men's Basketball Coach
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210