ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
Diane Kuehn joins International Lake Ontario-St. Lawrence River Board
A faculty member from the College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) was appointed to the board that oversees regulation of Lake Ontario outflows into the St. Lawrence River.
Dr. Diane Kuehn, associate professor in the Department of Forest and Natural Resources Management, was appointed to the International Lake Ontario-St. Lawrence River Board June 1. The board reports to the International Joint Commission (IJC), the binational treaty organization established by the United States and Canada to cooperatively manage shared water resources and prevent and resolve disputes over transboundary waters.
A long-time resident of New York's eastern Lake Ontario region, Kuehn worked for 12 years as a Great Lakes coastal tourism specialist for New York Sea Grant before joining the ESF faculty in 2001. At ESF she continues to work on Great Lakes tourism issues, focusing much of her research on Lake Ontario angler studies and coastal business owner surveys.
"The IJC is very happy to welcome Dr. Kuehn to the International Lake Ontario-St. Lawrence River Board and is looking forward to taking advantage of her extensive knowledge of coastal recreation and tourism, as well as her long-standing connections with Lake Ontario coastal communities," said Lana Pollack, IJC's U.S. chair.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
- CCLP Honored for Landscape Preservation Project in California
- American Fisheries Society Honors Ringler
- ESF Hosts Largest-Ever Incoming International Class
- ESF Hosts Inclusive Excellence Welcome Reception
- 2018 Fall Sports Preview
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210