ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
Diane Kuehn joins International Lake Ontario-St. Lawrence River Board
A faculty member from the College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) was appointed to the board that oversees regulation of Lake Ontario outflows into the St. Lawrence River.
Dr. Diane Kuehn, associate professor in the Department of Forest and Natural Resources Management, was appointed to the International Lake Ontario-St. Lawrence River Board June 1. The board reports to the International Joint Commission (IJC), the binational treaty organization established by the United States and Canada to cooperatively manage shared water resources and prevent and resolve disputes over transboundary waters.
A long-time resident of New York's eastern Lake Ontario region, Kuehn worked for 12 years as a Great Lakes coastal tourism specialist for New York Sea Grant before joining the ESF faculty in 2001. At ESF she continues to work on Great Lakes tourism issues, focusing much of her research on Lake Ontario angler studies and coastal business owner surveys.
"The IJC is very happy to welcome Dr. Kuehn to the International Lake Ontario-St. Lawrence River Board and is looking forward to taking advantage of her extensive knowledge of coastal recreation and tourism, as well as her long-standing connections with Lake Ontario coastal communities," said Lana Pollack, IJC's U.S. chair.
Recent ESF News
- State Energy Official to Speak on ‘Green New Deal’
- ESF-SU Team Scores Win in DOE Solar Decathlon
- Clarkson, ESF to Partner in New Center of Excellence
- Johnston Appointed Interim Open Academy Director
- Student Honored with Chancellor’s Award
- Kieber Named SUNY Distinguished Professor
- Oakie Enters Round 2 of Mascot Madness
- ESF Students Earn Spot in ‘Storyfest’ Finals
- EFB Faculty, Students Spend Spring Break in Ecuador
- Girls’ Summit, Take Our Kids to Work Day on the Horizon
- Oakie the Acorn Enters SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- ESF Ranked #1 for Enrolling, Graduating Women in Engineering
- ESF Announces Discovery Challenge Winners
- Career Fair 2019
- Illick 5 Renovations Provide Students with New Learning Environment
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210