Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
Cited for dedication to students, professionalism
Dr. John Wagner, professor at the College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF), received the 2018 ESF College Foundation Award for Exceptional Achievement in Teaching.
A member of the Department of Forest and Natural Resources Management faculty since 1994, Wagner focuses his teaching on economics and its relationship to forestry. He has developed field labs in support of learning and his unique approach to field-based teaching drew the attention of the Society of American Foresters. Wagner encourages critical thinking, problem solving and collaborative learning among his students.
The award recognizes Wagner's dedication to his students' success as he hones his lectures to better connect with them without losing the enthusiasm and optimism that are hallmarks of his classroom.
The Foundation Award was established in 1999 to celebrate the accomplishments of ESF faculty members who have achieved excellence in their teaching responsibilities.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
- CCLP Honored for Landscape Preservation Project in California
- American Fisheries Society Honors Ringler
- ESF Hosts Largest-Ever Incoming International Class
- ESF Hosts Inclusive Excellence Welcome Reception
- 2018 Fall Sports Preview
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210