Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
Cited for dedication to students, professionalism
Dr. John Wagner, professor at the College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF), received the 2018 ESF College Foundation Award for Exceptional Achievement in Teaching.
A member of the Department of Forest and Natural Resources Management faculty since 1994, Wagner focuses his teaching on economics and its relationship to forestry. He has developed field labs in support of learning and his unique approach to field-based teaching drew the attention of the Society of American Foresters. Wagner encourages critical thinking, problem solving and collaborative learning among his students.
The award recognizes Wagner's dedication to his students' success as he hones his lectures to better connect with them without losing the enthusiasm and optimism that are hallmarks of his classroom.
The Foundation Award was established in 1999 to celebrate the accomplishments of ESF faculty members who have achieved excellence in their teaching responsibilities.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- The ESF Center for Community Design Research Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
- Landscape Architecture Students Celebrate PARK(ing) Day
- Scientists Turn to UN to Sound Alarm about World’s Oceans
- Mighty Oaks Welcome New Men's Basketball Coach
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210