Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
Cited for dedication to students, professionalism
Dr. John Wagner, professor at the College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF), received the 2018 ESF College Foundation Award for Exceptional Achievement in Teaching.
A member of the Department of Forest and Natural Resources Management faculty since 1994, Wagner focuses his teaching on economics and its relationship to forestry. He has developed field labs in support of learning and his unique approach to field-based teaching drew the attention of the Society of American Foresters. Wagner encourages critical thinking, problem solving and collaborative learning among his students.
The award recognizes Wagner's dedication to his students' success as he hones his lectures to better connect with them without losing the enthusiasm and optimism that are hallmarks of his classroom.
The Foundation Award was established in 1999 to celebrate the accomplishments of ESF faculty members who have achieved excellence in their teaching responsibilities.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Welcomes First-year and Transfer Students
- ESF Named a Top Green College by Princeton Review
- Governor Appoints New Trustees to ESF Board
- ESF Represented at Bioeconomy Conference
- Great Lakes Research Consortium Awards Funding to Five Projects
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester
- ESF Student Among Delegation Attending Committee on World Food Security
- Community Invited to ESF to Share Ideas About Future of Erie Canal
- ESF Professor Honored by Russian University
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Scientist Helps Locate Wolf That Died on Isle Royale
- Cuomo Announces Initiative to Reimagine Erie Canal as Catalyst for Economic Development, Resiliency
- ESF Employees Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- Dr. Jacqueline Frair Presented with Exemplary Research Award
- ESF Student Designed Bridge Judged Most Innovative
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210