Christopher Nowak Named Chair of FNRM
Selection follows internal search
Dr. Christopher Nowak has been named chair of the Department of Forest and Natural Resources Management (FNRM). He was selected as the next chair after an internal search. He will serve an initial term of three years.
Nowak has a long history with the College, having earned his associate's degree at the Ranger School, followed by his bachelor's, master's and Ph.D. degrees from ESF.
Provost and Executive Vice President Nosa O. Egiebor would like to use this opportunity to thank the entire faculty and staff of FNRM for ensuring a smooth selection process in collaboration with the provost's office. Special thanks are also due to Dr. Bob Malmsheimer for his outstanding leadership of the department as interim chair over the past six months.
Recent ESF News
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210