Alumni, Families Come to Campus This Weekend
Full slate of events scheduled
Along with changing leaves and pumpkin-spiced everything, autumn brings ESF's Alumni and Family Fall Weekend and Senior Reunion.
The three-day event gives families a chance to reconnect after students first arrived on campus in August and provides alumni the chance to come back and see the old stomping (or stumping) grounds while taking in the latest changes.
"This weekend is a great time for our alumni to come back and not only visit with their classmates but meet the next generation of environmentalists," said Debbie Caviness, director of alumni relations.
The weekend kicks off with an opening reception Friday in the Gateway Center followed by a Coffee Haus and Campus Talent Show in the newly renovated Alumni Lounge. Space is limited for the reception so advance tickets are required.
Saturday, families and alumni can enjoy a full slate of events including a 5K fun run/walk through Oakwood Cemetery; Moon Library open house; a trees and shrubs walking tour led by Dr. Don Leopold, Department of Environmental and Forest Biology chai;, a student and young alumni networking event; tours of the Roosevelt Wildlife Collection in the Gateway Center and the greenhouses in Illick Hall; and a lunch-time barbecue.
You can top off the afternoon at A Taste of Central New York in the Gateway Center, featuring samples of local beer, wine and hard cider.
Oakie Acorn, ESF's beloved mascot and winner of the 2017 SUNY Mascot Madness competition, will be on campus welcoming visitors and posing for pictures.
Before hitting the road on Sunday, guests can enjoy a pancake breakfast topped with ESF's very own maple syrup. Advance tickets are needed for the breakfast.
This year, campus offers a special welcome to alumni with graduating class years ending in an 8 or a 3, but all alumni are welcome to attend. Special Senior Reunion events are planned for the classes of 1968, 1963, 1958, 1953, 1943 and 1948. Alumni receptions and class reunions will be held Friday evening in the Gateway Center.
Recent ESF News
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210