Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
Lecture to focus on willow's environmental benefits
Dr. Timothy Volk, an ESF professor whose research focuses on developing shrub willow to provide a host of environmental benefits, including a sustainable source for renewable energy, will present the fall Dale L. Travis Lecture.
His topic is, "Shrub Willow: RX for a Healthier Planet."
Volk's presentation will be the 11th Dale L. Travis Lecture, supported by a gift from a 1959 graduate of ESF. The lecture will be at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 17 in the Gateway Center on the ESF campus.
Volk is a senior research associate in ESF's Department of Forest and Natural Resources Management and was honored as the College's Exemplary Researcher for 2018-19. He has more than 25 years of experience working in the fields of forestry, agroforestry, short-rotation woody crops, bioenergy and phytoremediation in the northeastern United States and Africa.
There is no charge for admission. A reception will follow the lecture. Parking will be available on campus. This event is made possible by the support of Travis, who envisioned the lecture series as a way to inform the general public about various research projects at ESF.
Recent ESF News
- State Energy Official to Speak on ‘Green New Deal’
- ESF-SU Team Scores Win in DOE Solar Decathlon
- Clarkson, ESF to Partner in New Center of Excellence
- Johnston Appointed Interim Open Academy Director
- Student Honored with Chancellor’s Award
- Kieber Named SUNY Distinguished Professor
- Oakie Enters Round 2 of Mascot Madness
- ESF Students Earn Spot in ‘Storyfest’ Finals
- EFB Faculty, Students Spend Spring Break in Ecuador
- Girls’ Summit, Take Our Kids to Work Day on the Horizon
- Oakie the Acorn Enters SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- ESF Ranked #1 for Enrolling, Graduating Women in Engineering
- ESF Announces Discovery Challenge Winners
- Career Fair 2019
- Illick 5 Renovations Provide Students with New Learning Environment
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210