ESF Welcomes New Faculty, Staff
Tenure-track positions recognized
This past spring and summer, ESF conducted a number of searches for faculty positions, both new ones and some that were vacant.
The following individuals were hired as assistant professors or professor:
Aiden Ackerman, assistant professor, Department of Landscape Architecture (LA); Jerrold Belant, Campfire Professor of Wildlife Conservation, Department of Environmental and Forest Biology (EFB); Silje Kristiansen, assistant professor, Department of Environmental Studies (ES); Gyu Leem, assistant professor, Department of Chemistry; Rachel Leibowtiz, assistant professor, LA; Christina Limpert, assistant professor, ES - Division of Gen Ed; Nehan Naim, assistant professor, Department of Forest and Natural Resources Management (FNRM); Vanessa Rojas, assistant professor, FNRM; Bahram Salehi, assistant professor, Department of Environmental Resources Engineering; Jill Weiss, assistant professor, ES; and Chang Geun Yoo, assistant professor, Department of Paper and Bioprocess Engineering.
In addition, a number of visiting assistant professors and instructors were hired for tenure- track positions. They are Karen Conahan, instructor, ES-Division of Gen Ed; Diane Kiernan, instructor, FNRM; Thomas McGrath, instructor, ES-Division of Gen Ed; Kurt Stavenhagan, instructor, ES-Division of Gen Ed.
New staff appointments include Kate Bailie, instructional support technician, Department of Chemistry; Monica Blaisdell, senior staff assistant ES -Division of Gen Ed; Kevin Gilmour, office assistant 1, Department of Facilities Planning, Design and Construction; Andrew Saunders, SUNY campus worker 1, Sustainability Division; Ashley Gouger, instructional designer, Open Academy: and Ernest Nkansah-Dwamena, visiting assistant professor, Open Academy.
The Research Foundation also made a number of staff appointments including Carolyn Chee, research support specialist, EFB; Lauren Zeffer, research support specialist, EFB; Mariela Gantchoff, postdoctoral associate, EFB; Melissa Deyo, administrative staff assistant 1, Academic Finance; Carli Fraccarolli, senior research analyst, Natural Heritage Program; Jacob Hill, postdoctoral associate, EFB; Jack Magee, research support specialist, EFB; and Tyler Petroelji, research scientist; EFB.
Please welcome the new members of our ESF community and congratulate our colleagues who moved into tenure-track positions.
Recent ESF News
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210