Open House and Transfer Day Deemed a Success
First Sunday Open House draws 133 prospective first-year, transfer students
Approximately 133 prospective first-year and transfer students visited ESF during the College's recent Open House and Transfer Day.
The Open House marked a first for ESF. "It was the first Sunday recruiting event ever held on campus and it was a great success," said Rocky Feola, senior admissions advisor.
Faculty members from each academic department, along with representatives from various campus offices and student groups, helped the Office of Undergraduate Admissions welcome the prospective students and their families and let them know all that ESF has to offer.
All told, 430 guests were hosted on campus Sunday, according to Feola. "Undergraduate Admissions would like to thank all those who helped Sunday including faculty and staff, our terrific Physical Plant staff, the ESF Bookstore staff, and everyone at the Trailhead Cafe," he said. "We also had help from more than 20 amazing ESF Student Ambassadors who volunteered their time to show our guests around campus and help demonstrate why ESF is such a great place!"
The next ESF Open House and Transfer Day is set for Saturday, Nov. 3. If you are interested in helping, contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
Recent ESF News
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210