Men's Basketball Team Falls to FLCC
Five Mighty Oaks score double digits
The men's basketball team travelled to Canandaigua where they faced Finger Lakes Community College (FLCC).
The Lakers built a 10-point lead at halftime, leading 39-29. ESF fought back in the second half, getting within two and four points but couldn't take the lead. The Lakers won 81-70. Sophomores Cole Paradies and Henry Pflaumer both had 12 points for the Mighty Oaks.
ESF falls to 2-5 overall. Earlier in the season, the Mighty Oaks picked up key wins on the road versus Paul Smith's College and Penn State New Kensington. Pflaumer scored a career high 31 points on 12-20 shooting, 7-11 behind the arc versus the Nittany Lions. So far, ESF has a balanced offense with four players averaging double-digit scores. ESF faces Villa Maria, Dec. 1, on the road.
Mighty Oak in the Pros
ESF's all-time leading scorer and 2016 graduate Ryan Caldwell is averaging 4.5 points per game for the Syracuse Stallions, a professional basketball team in the American Basketball Association (ABA). Caldwell has played in five games for the Stallions and scored seven points on 3-4 of shooting and pulled down eight rebounds in a win over the Elmira Eagles. The Stallions are 5-0 overall and are averaging an astronomical 151 points per game.
Recent ESF News
- Senate Hearing on Renewable Energy at ESF
- Mighty Oaks Topple Paul Smith's College in Overtime
- On the Land, One-quarter of Vertebrates Die Because of Humans
- Fulbright Scholar Picks ESF for Study of Genetic Engineering Technique
- ESF Launches Its First Online Bachelor’s Degree
- ESF Power Plant Saves Money and Reduces Carbon Footprint
- ESF Students Return to PR to Help with Continuing Relief Efforts
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester Program
- Studies: Transgenic American Chestnut Trees Show No Ill Effects on Seeds, Fungi or Larval Frogs
- Advice to Graduates: Live with Heart, Kindness, Passion
- ESF to Celebrate December Commencement
- ESF Students Ride to Ribbons in Horse Show
- Kimmerer Portrait Featured in 'Americans Who Tell the Truth' Display
- ‘Old-Fashioned Fieldwork’ Puts New Frog Species on the Map
- ESF Participates in Remembrance for Lost Species
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210