Men's Basketball Lose Two Games on the Road
The team will be back in action in January
The men's basketball team faced two tough back-to-back games over the weekend.
In the first game, ESF travelled to Cazenovia where they fell to the Wildcats 81-58. The Wildcats shot 50 percent from the field in the first half and jumped out to a 24-point lead at half time, 43-19. The Mighty Oaks settled down in the second half, actually outscoring Cazenovia 39-38 but the early large lead by Cazenovia was tough to overcome. Sophomore Zach Dormer had 20 points and eight rebounds for ESF. Fellow sophomore Cole Paradies added 13 points along with 13 rebounds. Cazenovia was led by senior Nicolas Fillipi's 20 points off 7-12 shooting, 5-10 from three-point range.
The following day, ESF travelled to Alfred State. The Pioneers defeated ESF 88-67. ESF hung close with the Pioneers in the first half. A 13-2 run at the end of the half gave Alfred State a 43-34 lead at half time. In the second half, Alfred State took over, pushing their lead to as many as 27 points. Turnovers (26) and lack of bench scoring (43-4) doomed the Mighty Oaks.
Paradies had another solid game for ESF scoring a career-high 22 points, 6-10 shooting from behind the three-point arc. Sophomore Henry Pflaumer overcame a poor performance at Cazenovia to score 15 points, five rebounds and five assists for ESF. All 11 players for the Pioneers scored in the game.
ESF falls to 2-8 overall. The squad will be back in action Jan. 12 against HVIAC rival the College of New Rochelle.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Launches Its First Online Bachelor’s Degree
- ESF Power Plant Saves Money and Reduces Carbon Footprint
- ESF Students Return to PR to Help with Continuing Relief Efforts
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester Program
- Studies: Transgenic American Chestnut Trees Show No Ill Effects on Seeds, Fungi or Larval Frogs
- Advice to Graduates: Live with Heart, Kindness, Passion
- ESF to Celebrate December Commencement
- ESF Students Ride to Ribbons in Horse Show
- Kimmerer Portrait Featured in 'Americans Who Tell the Truth' Display
- ‘Old-Fashioned Fieldwork’ Puts New Frog Species on the Map
- ESF Participates in Remembrance for Lost Species
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams End Season at USCAA Championships
- Women's Cross Country Team Wins National Championship
- ESF Team Reports Discovery of Unusual Molecule
- ESF Alumna Leads Cannabis Team for Law Firm
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210