Men's Basketball Lose Two Games on the Road
The team will be back in action in January
The men's basketball team faced two tough back-to-back games over the weekend.
In the first game, ESF travelled to Cazenovia where they fell to the Wildcats 81-58. The Wildcats shot 50 percent from the field in the first half and jumped out to a 24-point lead at half time, 43-19. The Mighty Oaks settled down in the second half, actually outscoring Cazenovia 39-38 but the early large lead by Cazenovia was tough to overcome. Sophomore Zach Dormer had 20 points and eight rebounds for ESF. Fellow sophomore Cole Paradies added 13 points along with 13 rebounds. Cazenovia was led by senior Nicolas Fillipi's 20 points off 7-12 shooting, 5-10 from three-point range.
The following day, ESF travelled to Alfred State. The Pioneers defeated ESF 88-67. ESF hung close with the Pioneers in the first half. A 13-2 run at the end of the half gave Alfred State a 43-34 lead at half time. In the second half, Alfred State took over, pushing their lead to as many as 27 points. Turnovers (26) and lack of bench scoring (43-4) doomed the Mighty Oaks.
Paradies had another solid game for ESF scoring a career-high 22 points, 6-10 shooting from behind the three-point arc. Sophomore Henry Pflaumer overcame a poor performance at Cazenovia to score 15 points, five rebounds and five assists for ESF. All 11 players for the Pioneers scored in the game.
ESF falls to 2-8 overall. The squad will be back in action Jan. 12 against HVIAC rival the College of New Rochelle.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Scientist Helps Locate Wolf That Died on Isle Royale
- Cuomo Announces Initiative to Reimagine Erie Canal as Catalyst for Economic Development, Resiliency
- ESF Employees Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- Dr. Jacqueline Frair Presented with Exemplary Research Award
- ESF Student Designed Bridge Judged Most Innovative
- ESF College Foundation Honors Daley with Teaching Award
- 2019 Commencement: 'You Are My Family,' Student Speaker Says
- Students Recognize Contributions of Staff, Faculty
- ESF Announces Graduation Weekend Schedule
- ESF to Honor Dr. Bernard Amadei with Honorary Degree
- ESF Student Completes First Year of Leadership Training in Bioeconomy
- Patrick Jackson Honored as Green Building Advocate of the Year
- State Energy Official to Speak on ‘Green New Deal’
- ESF-SU Team Scores Win in DOE Solar Decathlon
- Student Organizations, Leaders Recognized
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210