Track Team Competes at Utica College Pioneer Open
Senior Buck Haines sets school record in the 200 meters
The ESF track team faced tough competition against several elite Division III schools at the Utica College Pioneer Open.
Senior Howard "Buck" Haines set a school record in the 200-meter dash with a time of 24.1 seconds. His time placed him 21st overall out of 72 sprinters. Haines also had a top 10 finish in the 400-meter dash, placing ninth overall out of 36 runners with a time of 52.58. Junior James Kerney finished in the middle of the pack, 25th overall out of 52 runners and time of 2:10 in the 800-meter run.
Senior Marissa Lathrop finished ninth overall out of 48 runners in the 800-meter run with a time of 2:29. Lathrop also placed in the top 10 in the mile race, finishing sixth overall with a time of 5:30.
The Mighty Oaks are back in action Feb. 9 when they travel to Yale University for the Giegengack Invitational.
Recent ESF News
- Senate Hearing on Renewable Energy at ESF
- Mighty Oaks Topple Paul Smith's College in Overtime
- On the Land, One-quarter of Vertebrates Die Because of Humans
- Fulbright Scholar Picks ESF for Study of Genetic Engineering Technique
- ESF Launches Its First Online Bachelor’s Degree
- ESF Power Plant Saves Money and Reduces Carbon Footprint
- ESF Students Return to PR to Help with Continuing Relief Efforts
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester Program
- Studies: Transgenic American Chestnut Trees Show No Ill Effects on Seeds, Fungi or Larval Frogs
- Advice to Graduates: Live with Heart, Kindness, Passion
- ESF to Celebrate December Commencement
- ESF Students Ride to Ribbons in Horse Show
- Kimmerer Portrait Featured in 'Americans Who Tell the Truth' Display
- ‘Old-Fashioned Fieldwork’ Puts New Frog Species on the Map
- ESF Participates in Remembrance for Lost Species
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210