Track Team Competes at Utica College Pioneer Open
Senior Buck Haines sets school record in the 200 meters
The ESF track team faced tough competition against several elite Division III schools at the Utica College Pioneer Open.
Senior Howard "Buck" Haines set a school record in the 200-meter dash with a time of 24.1 seconds. His time placed him 21st overall out of 72 sprinters. Haines also had a top 10 finish in the 400-meter dash, placing ninth overall out of 36 runners with a time of 52.58. Junior James Kerney finished in the middle of the pack, 25th overall out of 52 runners and time of 2:10 in the 800-meter run.
Senior Marissa Lathrop finished ninth overall out of 48 runners in the 800-meter run with a time of 2:29. Lathrop also placed in the top 10 in the mile race, finishing sixth overall with a time of 5:30.
The Mighty Oaks are back in action Feb. 9 when they travel to Yale University for the Giegengack Invitational.
Recent ESF News
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210