QWL Seeks Nominations for Annual Awards
Nominations due March 15
The Quality of Work Life Committee is seeking nominations for its annual awards: the President's ESF Quality of Work Life Award and the President's ESF Public/Community Service Award.
The President's ESF Quality of Work Life Award is given annually to an employee whose positive attitude and positive approach to work provides an excellent example of service and improves the work environment for the entire ESF community.
The President's ESF Public/Community Service Award is given to an employee whose outreach activities to the public provide excellent representation for ESF and its mission and/or for those whose volunteer service to the community enhances life for others.
Separate nominations should be submitted for each award by March 15 to Laura Crandall in 14 Bray Hall. Nominations should include details of the nominee's contributions with specific examples of activities related to the award.
The awards will be presented at the QWL Spring Reception 11 a.m. to 12:20 p.m. April 11 in the Gateway Center. The recognition ceremony will take place at 11:30 a.m. with Interim President Dave Amberg presiding. Special recognition will also be given to ESF employees with 10, 20, 30 and 40 years of service, and to retirees.
Recent ESF News
- Senate Hearing on Renewable Energy at ESF
- Mighty Oaks Topple Paul Smith's College in Overtime
- On the Land, One-quarter of Vertebrates Die Because of Humans
- Fulbright Scholar Picks ESF for Study of Genetic Engineering Technique
- ESF Launches Its First Online Bachelor’s Degree
- ESF Power Plant Saves Money and Reduces Carbon Footprint
- ESF Students Return to PR to Help with Continuing Relief Efforts
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester Program
- Studies: Transgenic American Chestnut Trees Show No Ill Effects on Seeds, Fungi or Larval Frogs
- Advice to Graduates: Live with Heart, Kindness, Passion
- ESF to Celebrate December Commencement
- ESF Students Ride to Ribbons in Horse Show
- Kimmerer Portrait Featured in 'Americans Who Tell the Truth' Display
- ‘Old-Fashioned Fieldwork’ Puts New Frog Species on the Map
- ESF Participates in Remembrance for Lost Species
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210