Green Building Conference Keynote Speaker Announced
Jasper van den Munckhof to speak at 17th annual conference
The 17th annual New York State Green Building Conference is the premier green building conference in the Northeast. Held this year on April 17 and 18 at the Marriott Syracuse Downtown, the conference brings together top green building researchers, educators and practitioners.
This year's keynote speaker is Jasper van den Munckhof, net zero energy housing expert and founder and director at Energiesprong. He will discuss Energiesprong's work creating a mass market for net zero energy homes as well as his progress on RetrofitNY, a NYSERDA initiative to bring a large number of affordable housing units to or near net-zero energy use by 2025.
Other education sessions will focus on high performance buildings, net-zero energy buildings, health and wellness in the built environment, urban design, planning and community development; biomimicry and life-inspired design; biophilia, resilience and sustainability.
- Early registration rates are available until Feb. 27
- There are reduced rates for student attendance
- The conference is under review for AIA LUs for architects, CECs for landscape architects, and PDHs for engineers
Follow the Green Building Conference on Twitter at @GB_Conference, #nysgb2019.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Student Among Delegation Attending Committee on World Food Security
- Community Invited to ESF to Share Ideas About Future of Erie Canal
- ESF Professor Honored by Russian University
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Scientist Helps Locate Wolf That Died on Isle Royale
- Cuomo Announces Initiative to Reimagine Erie Canal as Catalyst for Economic Development, Resiliency
- ESF Employees Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- Dr. Jacqueline Frair Presented with Exemplary Research Award
- ESF Student Designed Bridge Judged Most Innovative
- ESF College Foundation Honors Daley with Teaching Award
- 2019 Commencement: 'You Are My Family,' Student Speaker Says
- Students Recognize Contributions of Staff, Faculty
- ESF Announces Graduation Weekend Schedule
- ESF to Honor Dr. Bernard Amadei with Honorary Degree
- ESF Student Completes First Year of Leadership Training in Bioeconomy
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210