ESF Joins Ride-Share Program
Program with SU emphasizes sustainability
The video originally included in this story is no longer available via this page. Contact email@example.com if more information is required.Copyright © All Rights Reserved by copyright holder
A new ride-sharing program jointly offered by ESF and Syracuse University will make it easier for students, faculty and staff to find a travel partner when it comes to carpooling, biking, or even walking to campus.
Provided in collaboration with SU's Office of Off-Campus and Commuter Services, the Syracuse RideShare online program will be offered at no cost to users and will assist students, faculty and staff in choosing sustainable travel options. The goals of the program include encouraging members of the ESF community to travel to campus with others as an alternative to single occupant vehicles; reducing the need for on campus parking and the costs associated with individual travel; and reducing greenhouse gas emissions as part of ESF's Climate Action Plan.
Members of the ESF community can register on the program's website at www.esf.edu/rideshare using their ESF or SU e-mail account to find a carpool, walking, biking or transit partner. Fully secure, the online program will help find ridesharing partners who work or study at ESF or SU.
The RideShare program uses a geocoding technology that searches for matches along a route from a user's origin to destination and offers user-controlled search-defining abilities. It defaults to searches within employer groups and maximizes accessibility and flexibility for users.
"ESF has been hoping to implement a ride sharing program for some time, and we're happy that we have now been able to partner with SU to provide this free service. The connection with users at SU will obviously offer ESF faculty, staff and students more potential travel partners to choose from" said Bob French, vice president for enrollment management and marketing. "This program adds to the College's ongoing efforts to reduce automobile use, which include our CuseCar car-sharing program and preferred campus parking spaces that will be made available for registered ESF car poolers."
To register as an ESF community member and access the Syracuse RideShare website, please visit www.esf.edu/rideshare.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
- Dr. Shijie Liu Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Wins Award to Focus on Source Reduction
- ESF Faculty, Staff Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- ESF Celebrates Graduates Virtually
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210