ESF Joins Ride-Share Program
Program with SU emphasizes sustainability
The video originally included in this story is no longer available via this page. Contact email@example.com if more information is required.Copyright © All Rights Reserved by copyright holder
A new ride-sharing program jointly offered by ESF and Syracuse University will make it easier for students, faculty and staff to find a travel partner when it comes to carpooling, biking, or even walking to campus.
Provided in collaboration with SU's Office of Off-Campus and Commuter Services, the Syracuse RideShare online program will be offered at no cost to users and will assist students, faculty and staff in choosing sustainable travel options. The goals of the program include encouraging members of the ESF community to travel to campus with others as an alternative to single occupant vehicles; reducing the need for on campus parking and the costs associated with individual travel; and reducing greenhouse gas emissions as part of ESF's Climate Action Plan.
Members of the ESF community can register on the program's website at www.esf.edu/rideshare using their ESF or SU e-mail account to find a carpool, walking, biking or transit partner. Fully secure, the online program will help find ridesharing partners who work or study at ESF or SU.
The RideShare program uses a geocoding technology that searches for matches along a route from a user's origin to destination and offers user-controlled search-defining abilities. It defaults to searches within employer groups and maximizes accessibility and flexibility for users.
"ESF has been hoping to implement a ride sharing program for some time, and we're happy that we have now been able to partner with SU to provide this free service. The connection with users at SU will obviously offer ESF faculty, staff and students more potential travel partners to choose from" said Bob French, vice president for enrollment management and marketing. "This program adds to the College's ongoing efforts to reduce automobile use, which include our CuseCar car-sharing program and preferred campus parking spaces that will be made available for registered ESF car poolers."
To register as an ESF community member and access the Syracuse RideShare website, please visit www.esf.edu/rideshare.
Recent ESF News
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- ESF Center for CCDR Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
- Landscape Architecture Students Celebrate PARK(ing) Day
- Scientists Turn to UN to Sound Alarm about World’s Oceans
- Mighty Oaks Welcome New Men's Basketball Coach
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
- CCLP Honored for Landscape Preservation Project in California
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210