ESF to Host Biotechnology Symposium
Cultivating economic growth to be event focus
Cultivating economic growth will be the focus of the Central New York Biotechnology Symposium to be hosted by the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry June 3.
The 2011 Central New York Biotechnology Symposium will bring together the region's most promising and innovative biotechnology companies involved in drug discovery and development, manufacturing of biologicals and cell-based therapies, bioremediation, agricultural biotechnology, and bioproducts and bioenergy.
Sessions on small company business development and international collaboration will be included. A special lunchtime event will present the final design and operating parameters of the Central New York Biotechnology Research Center (CNY BRC), an incubator facility for biotechnology companies located in the Kennedy Square section of Syracuse.
The symposium will include two parallel program tracks: Uses of Biotechnology to Improve Health Careand Improving the Environment Through Applications of Biotechnology. Each will include presentations and panel discussions.
This year's symposium, to be held at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Syracuse, will include a networking reception and poster session June 2 with the opportunity to visit vendor table displays.
Recent ESF News
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210