ESF to Host Biotechnology Symposium
Cultivating economic growth to be event focus
Cultivating economic growth will be the focus of the Central New York Biotechnology Symposium to be hosted by the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry June 3.
The 2011 Central New York Biotechnology Symposium will bring together the region's most promising and innovative biotechnology companies involved in drug discovery and development, manufacturing of biologicals and cell-based therapies, bioremediation, agricultural biotechnology, and bioproducts and bioenergy.
Sessions on small company business development and international collaboration will be included. A special lunchtime event will present the final design and operating parameters of the Central New York Biotechnology Research Center (CNY BRC), an incubator facility for biotechnology companies located in the Kennedy Square section of Syracuse.
The symposium will include two parallel program tracks: Uses of Biotechnology to Improve Health Careand Improving the Environment Through Applications of Biotechnology. Each will include presentations and panel discussions.
This year's symposium, to be held at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Syracuse, will include a networking reception and poster session June 2 with the opportunity to visit vendor table displays.
Recent ESF News
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams End Season at USCAA Championships
- Women's Cross Country Team Wins National Championship
- ESF Team Reports Discovery of Unusual Molecule
- ESF Alumna Leads Cannabis Team for Law Firm
- 38 ESF Students to Attend Zero Waste Conference
- ESF Represented at Forestry and Wood Products Summit
- Mighty Oaks Sweep HVIAC Tournament
- ESF Kicks Off International Education Week
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- The ESF Center for Community Design Research Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210