ESF Student Among Delegation Attending Committee on World Food Security
Lindsay Eberhart to travel to Rome for World Food Day ceremony
A student from the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) will be among the Planet Forward delegation attending the Committee on World Food Security (CFS 46) in Rome this fall.
Lindsay Eberhart, a rising junior environmental studies major from Freeport, New York, will join students from universities across the United States to participate in CFS 46 and the official World Food Day ceremony in Rome as observers through a partnership between the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO).
Eberhart, who is also a candidate for the policy, planning and law program, was a 2019 Planet Forward Storyfest finalist for her narrative poem Toxins in the Soil - Vieques, Puerto Rico.
"I'm looking forward to gaining a better understanding and insight about global food security," Eberhart wrote in an email. "I am looking forward to facing the reality of it all, the politics, the communication, a global perspective of what is really going on in the world. As a rising junior with a focus in policy, planning and law, and a minor in food studies, this opportunity will without a doubt, grant me insight and reshape my path."
The students will join Frank Sensno, Planet Forward founder and chief executive, and the Planet Forward team at the FAO headquarters in Rome to cover stories on accessible, affordable and sustainable food and why it matters for the planet.
Recent ESF News
- Landscape Architecture Students Activate ESF Quad
- ESF Lauded in College Rankings
- Wolf Pups Born in Isle Royale National Park
- Three New Book Projects for Distinguished Professor
- Grant funds New York State Center for Sustainable Materials Management
- Hazardous Air Pollutant Exposure Linked as Contributing Factor to COVID-19 Mortality in the United States
- Governor Announces Partnerships with SUNY Schools to Reduce Waste, Improve Recycling Across State
- Forest Carbon Sink Neutralized By Pervasive Growth-Lifespan Trade-offs
- Researchers Investigating a Renewable Solvent for Biofuel Production
- Prof J. Scott Turner Receives Fulbright U.S. Scholar Award to Namibia for Building Effective Online Educational Media
- ESF Faculty/Trustee Appointed to New York State Climate Action Council Advisory Panels
- Leaders Step Forward to Assume Interim Roles
- Ph.D. Student Jenny Frank Featured Presenter on Biodiesel
- ESF’s Landscape Architecture Department Moves Downtown
- ESF Researchers at Forefront of SARS-CoV2 Monitoring
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210