ESF Student Among Delegation Attending Committee on World Food Security
Lindsay Eberhart to travel to Rome for World Food Day ceremony
A student from the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) will be among the Planet Forward delegation attending the Committee on World Food Security (CFS 46) in Rome this fall.
Lindsay Eberhart, a rising junior environmental studies major from Freeport, New York, will join students from universities across the United States to participate in CFS 46 and the official World Food Day ceremony in Rome as observers through a partnership between the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO).
Eberhart, who is also a candidate for the policy, planning and law program, was a 2019 Planet Forward Storyfest finalist for her narrative poem Toxins in the Soil - Vieques, Puerto Rico.
"I'm looking forward to gaining a better understanding and insight about global food security," Eberhart wrote in an email. "I am looking forward to facing the reality of it all, the politics, the communication, a global perspective of what is really going on in the world. As a rising junior with a focus in policy, planning and law, and a minor in food studies, this opportunity will without a doubt, grant me insight and reshape my path."
The students will join Frank Sensno, Planet Forward founder and chief executive, and the Planet Forward team at the FAO headquarters in Rome to cover stories on accessible, affordable and sustainable food and why it matters for the planet.
Recent ESF News
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation's 'Green Colleges'
- Senior Truong Ho Receives Statewide EOP Award
- Researchers Discover Process for Slow Removal of Old Carbon from Oceans
- ESF, Upstate Partner on Accelerated Scholars Program
- 50% Decline in Mallard Population Sparks Research Efforts
- New Center of Excellence in Healthy Water Solutions Showcased at ESF
- Dr. Lee Newman Honored with Stephen D. Ebbs Distinguished Service Award
- ESF Leads International Team in Hypoxia Research
- ESF to Host Travel Unity Summit, Explore “Cultivating Welcoming Communities
- ESF Joins 19 New York Colleges and Universities to Purchase Large-Scale Aggregated Renewable Energy
- ESF Alum Named 2019 AASHE Sustainability Award Winner
- ESF Opens Food Pantry for Students
- ESF among Sierra Magazine’s 2019 Top ‘Cool Schools’
- ESF, Syracuse University Announce Renewed Academic, Research-Based Partnership
- ESF Named Top Performer in 2019 Sustainable Campus Index
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210