LA Students, Faculty Honored by ASLA
Students and faculty in ESF's Department of Landscape Architecture received honors from the American Society of Landscape Architecture (ASLA) during the annual New York Upstate Chapter meeting in February.
Jocelyn Gavitt, visiting instructor, was recognized as a Distinguished Academic Practitioner. This award recognizes an outstanding individual practitioner for their achievements in three areas - design, leadership, and ASLA chapter involvement.
Hannah Noll, a fifth-year senior from Millrift, Pennsylvania, was recognized as a Distinguished Student. The award recognizes students who have demonstrated exceptional leadership and service within the Department of Landscape Architecture or in other activities in the community related to the profession.
Max Eckhardt, a fifth-year senior from Forest Hills, New York, took first place in the student poster contest for his entry "High Hickory Food Forest." Eckhardt's poster, along with graduate student Connor Neville's poster, is on display in Marshall Hall's third-floor lobby.
Recent ESF News
- Trailhead Café Steps Up Sustainability Effort
- ESF in Top 5 of Sierra Magazine Cool Schools List
- ESF Chestnut Project Seeks Public Comment
- Dr. John Stella Named Vice President of Research
- Experts from ESF, SUNY Upstate Join Rep. Katko to Highlight Efforts to Combat Tick-borne Illness
- Malmsheimer Honored with Matt McArdle Excellence in Bioenergy Award
- Popular @SyracuseHistory Instagram Page Features Marshall Hall
- Great Lakes Piping Plovers Boosted by ESF Research
- Music from Their Ears
- Dr. Malika Carter Honored with Harriet Tubman Freedom Award
- Governor Andrew M. Cuomo Nominates, NYS Senate Confirms, ESF’s Newest Trustee, Oluwole “OJ” McFoy
- Biodiversity 'Hotspots' Imperiled along California’s Streams
- ESF President Mahoney Speaks at International Conference
- ESF Creates New Electric Vehicle Charging Hub in Syracuse
- ESF’s Bachelor’s in Forestry Ranked No. 1
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210