Celebrate National Forest Products Week
Did you know forest products have their own week? And it's this week! National Forest Products Week is celebrated the third week in October every year. It's a time to recognize the many products that come from our forests, the people who work in and manage our forest, the businesses that make the products and how these components contribute to our lives.
Forest products - wood, lumber, paper, furniture, packaging, tissue, and more - are items we depend upon and use every day. The industry and forest resources are important to the economy, especially in rural regions, of New York state.
At ESF, we teach and conduct research and service for and in support of the growth and advancement of worthwhile and long-lasting forest products! Fun fact: for every pound or ton of wood utilized in long-lived products like homes, furniture, flooring, railroad ties, utility poles, and more, half is carbon quite effectively sequestered.
Recent ESF News
- ESF To Award First Online Sustainability Management Degree Saturday
- ESF Researchers Receive Grants from Northeastern States Research Cooperative
- ESF Announces Graduation Weekend Schedule
- Solar Energy Basics Hits 50,000-plus Enrollments
- Dr. Kimmerer Elected Member of American Academy of Arts & Sciences
- ESF Launches Master of Engineering Degree
- Paper Engineering Students Give Office Paper Second Life
- Mighty Oaks Track Team Returns to the Track
- The New York State Center for Sustainable Materials Management Launches Recycling Website on Earth Day
- City and County Mark April 22 as SUNY ESF Day
- ESF Students Honored With Chancellorís Award for Student Excellence
- ESF Announces Plans for Fall 2021 Semester
- Dr. Rundell Named Editor-in-Chief of International Scientific Journal for Molluscs
- ESF Receives SUNY Grant for Food Pantry Refrigeration
- Vote for Oakie in SUNYís 2021 Mascot Madness
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210