ESF Ranked No. 4 Green College by Princeton Review
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) is No. 4 among the nation's "green colleges," according to The Princeton Review. The college received the designation when The Princeton Review published The Princeton Review's Guide to Green Colleges: 2021 Edition. This is the fifth year ESF has been ranked in the Top 5, and ESF is the only SUNY school in the Top 50.
"The Princeton Review's continuing acknowledgment of the dedication and passion ESF students, faculty and staff have for the environment is always appreciated, but it's especially heartening during these challenging times," said Mark Lichtenstein, chief sustainability officer and chief of staff. "With increasingly clear evidence of the critical need for each of us to advocate for the planet and work to 'Improve Your World,' our mission to prepare the next generation of environmental champions is paramount to the work we do in the classroom, laboratories, and daily campus operations."
The Princeton Review chose the schools based on a survey of administrators at 695 colleges in 2019-20 about their institutions' commitments to the environment and sustainability. The company's editors analyzed more than 25 survey data points in the process of choosing schools for the guide.
"We strongly recommend ESF to students who want to study and live at a green college," said Rob Franek, The Princeton Review's editor-in-chief. "Each and every one of the outstanding colleges in this edition of our guide offers both excellent academics and exemplary evidence of environmental commitment."
The guide profiles 41 colleges the company chose out of nearly 700 schools it surveyed in 2019-20 with strong commitments to green practices and programs.
The criteria for each broadly covered the schools' academic offerings and initiatives, campus policies and practices, and green-career preparation for students.
Recent ESF News
- Tap Into Maple Syrup at Heiberg Forest
- March Mammal Madness Takes to Twitter
- ESF Student Honored with Award for Student Excellence
- Vending Machines Part of the Plastic-Free Solution
- ESF Hires Project Director for NYS Center for Sustainable Materials Management
- Class Crosses Continents to Prepare Consultants
- ESF Against the Stigma of Mental Illness Promotes Mental Health Awareness
- ESF Helps Give Westcott Reservoir Expanded Purpose
- Department Name Change Acknowledges 21st Century Environmental Needs
- ESF Celebrates Black History Month
- Winter Sports Suspended at SUNY ESF
- Do People’s Perceptions Shape Trust of Gene Editing in Agriculture and Food?
- ESF to Host Virtual Career and Internship Fair
- ESF Hosts Semester-Opening Virtual Family Sessions
- Professionals in Sustainability Webinar Series at ESF
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210