Alumna named Young Forester Leader
Congratulations to alumna Nan Pond, from the Class of 2006. The Society of American Foresters (SAF) has presented her with the 2020 Young Forester Leadership Award. As chief biometric officer at SilviaTerra in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Pond leads a team of forest biometricians and analysts delivering cutting-edge work that has pushed forestry organizations to adopt innovative approaches to solve challenges with big data in the 21st century.
Pond is an outstanding young professional who leads by example and with enthusiasm. She is a mentor to young foresters, a tireless volunteer for SAF's mission, and an enthusiastic professional in the biometrics community.
As chair of SAF's Forest Science and Technology Board, Pond's work has advanced the role, presence, and active engagement with our science communities. She is an advocate for making connections between research and on-the-ground management and improving the visibility and accessibility of applied science for all. Pond's leadership in the forestry profession exemplifies the spirit of SAF's Young Forester Leadership Award.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Announces Plans for Fall 2021 Semester
- Dr. Rundell Named Editor-in-Chief of International Scientific Journal for Molluscs
- ESF Receives SUNY Grant for Food Pantry Refrigeration
- Vote for Oakie in SUNY’s 2021 Mascot Madness
- ESF Hosts Mini Maple Weekend at Heiberg Forest
- SUNY Announces Grand Opening of Vector Biocontainment Lab at Upstate Medical to Research Infectious Diseases
- Tap Into Maple Syrup at Heiberg Forest
- March Mammal Madness Takes to Twitter
- ESF Student Honored with Award for Student Excellence
- Vending Machines Part of the Plastic-Free Solution
- ESF Hires Project Director for NYS Center for Sustainable Materials Management
- Class Crosses Continents to Prepare Consultants
- ESF Against the Stigma of Mental Illness Promotes Mental Health Awareness
- ESF Helps Give Westcott Reservoir Expanded Purpose
- Department Name Change Acknowledges 21st Century Environmental Needs
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210