County Executive Mahoney to Speak at Biotechnology Symposium
Joanie Mahoney to deliver keynote address
Syracuse's designation as one of the top 10 green communities in the nation by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency will be a featured topic at a biotechnology symposium hosted by the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF).
Onondaga County Executive Joanie Mahoney will be the keynote speaker at the third annual CNY Biotechnology Symposium June 3 in Syracuse.
Mahoney has been instrumental in achieving the top 10 designation through her support of greener technologies to manage stormwater runoff. She will speak about the innovative use of these green technologies as well as other efforts by Onondaga County to support environmental and economic growth.
The cultivation of economic growth will be the focus of the symposium that will bring together biotechnology companies involved in drug discovery and development, bioremediation, agricultural biotechnology, and bioproducts and bioenergy from the surrounding region.
Sessions on small company business development and international collaboration will be included. The final design and operating parameters of the Central New York Biotechnology Research Center (CNY BRC), an incubator facility for biotechnology companies, which is located in the Kennedy Square area of Syracuse, will be presented during the lunchtime session.
The symposium will include two parallel program tracks: Uses of Biotechnology to Improve Health Care and Improving the Environment Through Applications of Biotechnology. Both will include presentations and panel discussions.
This year's symposium, to be held at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Syracuse, includes a networking reception and poster session June 2 with the opportunity to visit vendor table displays.
For complete information, please visitwww.esf.edu/outreach/pd/2011/biotechnology/.
Recent ESF News
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams End Season at USCAA Championships
- Women's Cross Country Team Wins National Championship
- ESF Team Reports Discovery of Unusual Molecule
- ESF Alumna Leads Cannabis Team for Law Firm
- 38 ESF Students to Attend Zero Waste Conference
- ESF Represented at Forestry and Wood Products Summit
- Mighty Oaks Sweep HVIAC Tournament
- ESF Kicks Off International Education Week
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- The ESF Center for Community Design Research Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210