ESF Named a 2020 Economic Champion
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) was recognized as a 2020 Economic Champion by CenterState Corporation for Economic Opportunity (CenterState CEO) during a recent virtual celebration.
ESF was recognized because of investments related to Marshall Hall renovations and supporting jobs and growth in the local economy. Companies were nominated as Economic Champions for their accomplishments throughout the year by CenterState CEO, peers, employees and staff.
CenterState CEO's Economic Champions, presented by Fust Charles Chambers LLP, hosted a virtual celebration of 295 companies as 2020 Economic Champions for their collective hiring of more than 2,400 employees, 5.6 million square-feet of expansions, and $752 million in capital investments. At a time of tremendous economic pressure, 88 businesses were recognized for opening new storefronts, offices and facilities, and 40 were highlighted for celebrating a milestone anniversary, speaking to businesses' commitment to the local and regional economy. Companies were nominated as Economic Champions for their accomplishments throughout the year by CenterState CEO, peers, employees and staff.
"We know that 2020 has been an unprecedented, challenging year for businesses across all industries in Central New York," said Robert Simpson, president of CenterState CEO. "We believe it is important to recognize the successes and bright spots that have emerged in the midst of it all - however big or small - because the tenacity and resilient spirt of our members is essential to our forward progress and emergence from this crisis. The accomplishments of these Economic Champions highlight the collective dedication of the business community to persevere through some of the most challenging of times. Working together this community is focused on building back stronger, and I am confident that we will celebrate even more Economic Champions in 2021."
Recent ESF News
- ESF To Award First Online Sustainability Management Degree Saturday
- ESF Researchers Receive Grants from Northeastern States Research Cooperative
- ESF Announces Graduation Weekend Schedule
- Solar Energy Basics Hits 50,000-plus Enrollments
- Dr. Kimmerer Elected Member of American Academy of Arts & Sciences
- ESF Launches Master of Engineering Degree
- Paper Engineering Students Give Office Paper Second Life
- Mighty Oaks Track Team Returns to the Track
- The New York State Center for Sustainable Materials Management Launches Recycling Website on Earth Day
- City and County Mark April 22 as SUNY ESF Day
- ESF Students Honored With Chancellorís Award for Student Excellence
- ESF Announces Plans for Fall 2021 Semester
- Dr. Rundell Named Editor-in-Chief of International Scientific Journal for Molluscs
- ESF Receives SUNY Grant for Food Pantry Refrigeration
- Vote for Oakie in SUNYís 2021 Mascot Madness
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210