Latest Issue of Unearthed Online
The newest issue of Unearthed is published and now online.
"Unearthed" is ESF's online literary and arts magazine. "Unearthed" publishes poems, nonfiction, fiction, photography, artwork, interviews, and critical engagements with the environment and art, from around the globe.
This semester, seven student editors volunteered their time to help make this issue possible. As a team, they also collaborated on putting together a theme for the issue (UNRAVEL) and the issue begins with a podcast some of the editors produced, which discusses the way the word unravel plays out in their thinking and lives, according to Tyler Flynn Dorholt, lecturer and director of ESF's Writing, Rhetoric, and Communications Program.
Unearthed student editors are Anna Chwiejczak of Camillus, New York; Natalie Davey of Lake George, New York; Gavin Duncan of Concord, North Carolina; Lindsay Eberhart of Freeport, New York; Gillian Hall of Manlius, New York; Arik Palileo of Denton, Texas, and Courtney Scheffler of Margaretville, New York. Joel Shaw, production coordinator in ESF's Office of Communications and Marketing assists the online publication with web design.
"The issue features the work of more than 20 writers and artists, including numerous outstanding ESF students," wrote Dorholt in an email announcing the publication. "You'll find photographs and writing that speak directly to the theme of 'unravel,' as well as many fine works of prose and art that help us unearth new ideas and meaning."
The issue also includes an in-depth interview with Scott Russell Sanders, author of "The Way of Imagination."
Planning is underway for the spring issue of "Unearthed."
"Please keep us on your radar, both for submissions of your work and the work that your students and peers are doing," said Dorholt. Review of submissions begins in January. For more information, contact Dorholt at email@example.com
Recent ESF News
- ESF Weather Alert: Dangerously Cold Wind
- Dr. Chang Geun Yoo Receives NSF CAREER Award
- New SUNY Chancellor John B. King Visits ESF
- The New York State Center for Sustainable Materials Management Launches Statewide Zero Waste Call for Projects
- Staff Spotlight: Tyler Dorholt
- Mighty Oak Monday: Alex Paonessa
- Dr. Fred Agyeman Earns Honorable Mention for SUNY Chancellorís Distinguished PhD Dissertation
- ESF Adds EV Truck to Its University Police Fleet
- U.S. News & World Report Ranks ESF Among Best Online Programs
- Tell an Inspiring Story to Help Move the Planet Forward
- Staff Spotlight: Jacob Gedetsis
- ESF Chestnut Project Seeks Public Comment
- ESF Welcomes New Students for Spring Semester
- Governor Hochul Announces Green Purchasing Communities Program
- ESF Joins Global Alliance, Pledging Commitment to Protect Nature
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210