Latest Issue of Unearthed Online
The newest issue of Unearthed is published and now online.
"Unearthed" is ESF's online literary and arts magazine. "Unearthed" publishes poems, nonfiction, fiction, photography, artwork, interviews, and critical engagements with the environment and art, from around the globe.
This semester, seven student editors volunteered their time to help make this issue possible. As a team, they also collaborated on putting together a theme for the issue (UNRAVEL) and the issue begins with a podcast some of the editors produced, which discusses the way the word unravel plays out in their thinking and lives, according to Tyler Flynn Dorholt, lecturer and director of ESF's Writing, Rhetoric, and Communications Program.
Unearthed student editors are Anna Chwiejczak of Camillus, New York; Natalie Davey of Lake George, New York; Gavin Duncan of Concord, North Carolina; Lindsay Eberhart of Freeport, New York; Gillian Hall of Manlius, New York; Arik Palileo of Denton, Texas, and Courtney Scheffler of Margaretville, New York. Joel Shaw, production coordinator in ESF's Office of Communications and Marketing assists the online publication with web design.
"The issue features the work of more than 20 writers and artists, including numerous outstanding ESF students," wrote Dorholt in an email announcing the publication. "You'll find photographs and writing that speak directly to the theme of 'unravel,' as well as many fine works of prose and art that help us unearth new ideas and meaning."
The issue also includes an in-depth interview with Scott Russell Sanders, author of "The Way of Imagination."
Planning is underway for the spring issue of "Unearthed."
"Please keep us on your radar, both for submissions of your work and the work that your students and peers are doing," said Dorholt. Review of submissions begins in January. For more information, contact Dorholt at firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent ESF News
- ESF Announces Plans for Fall 2021 Semester
- Dr. Rundell Named Editor-in-Chief of International Scientific Journal for Molluscs
- ESF Receives SUNY Grant for Food Pantry Refrigeration
- Vote for Oakie in SUNY’s 2021 Mascot Madness
- ESF Hosts Mini Maple Weekend at Heiberg Forest
- SUNY Announces Grand Opening of Vector Biocontainment Lab at Upstate Medical to Research Infectious Diseases
- Tap Into Maple Syrup at Heiberg Forest
- March Mammal Madness Takes to Twitter
- ESF Student Honored with Award for Student Excellence
- Vending Machines Part of the Plastic-Free Solution
- ESF Hires Project Director for NYS Center for Sustainable Materials Management
- Class Crosses Continents to Prepare Consultants
- ESF Against the Stigma of Mental Illness Promotes Mental Health Awareness
- ESF Helps Give Westcott Reservoir Expanded Purpose
- Department Name Change Acknowledges 21st Century Environmental Needs
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210