Winter Sports Suspended at SUNY ESF
SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) has canceled all winter sports competition for the spring 2021 semester, impacting men's basketball and men's and women's winter track. ESF remains open to re-evaluation of these decisions based on the status of the COVID-19 pandemic and the ability to safely return to college athletics competition.
ESF will conduct team-related activities throughout the spring semester in accordance with federal, state, local, and SUNY regulations regarding COVID-19.
"This was a very difficult decision," said ESF Director of Intercollegiate Athletics Dan Ramin. "Besides the great importance of the health and welfare of our student-athletes, we considered many variables when making this decision, including actions taken by the Hudson Valley Intercollegiate Athletic Conference and the United States Collegiate Athletic Association to cancel winter sports championships, as well as our lack of available practice and competition facilities because of pandemic restrictions. ESF Athletics coaches and staff will continue to work to make this semester impactful for all students."
A decision regarding the spring sports, including timber sports, outdoor track and the rescheduled fall sports championships of golf and men's and women's cross country, will be made at a later date when more information is available.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Weather Alert: Dangerously Cold Wind
- Dr. Chang Geun Yoo Receives NSF CAREER Award
- New SUNY Chancellor John B. King Visits ESF
- The New York State Center for Sustainable Materials Management Launches Statewide Zero Waste Call for Projects
- Staff Spotlight: Tyler Dorholt
- Mighty Oak Monday: Alex Paonessa
- Dr. Fred Agyeman Earns Honorable Mention for SUNY Chancellorís Distinguished PhD Dissertation
- ESF Adds EV Truck to Its University Police Fleet
- U.S. News & World Report Ranks ESF Among Best Online Programs
- Tell an Inspiring Story to Help Move the Planet Forward
- Staff Spotlight: Jacob Gedetsis
- ESF Chestnut Project Seeks Public Comment
- ESF Welcomes New Students for Spring Semester
- Governor Hochul Announces Green Purchasing Communities Program
- ESF Joins Global Alliance, Pledging Commitment to Protect Nature
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210