Academic Student Services Are Now Available
ESF offers a number of services to support student academic success and achievement. To learn more, visit the web pages of each service listed below.
Digital Storytelling Studio (DSS): The Digital Storytelling Studio (DSS) is a support center for brainstorming, composing, and editing digital stories (podcasts, videos, photo projects) about science and the environment. The DSS offers free rental of camera and audio equipment, tutoring for students and faculty working on digital stories, computers equipped with editing software (Adobe Suite) and lectures and workshops that help frame an approach toward storytelling-both in and out of the classroom. For location, more detailed information and updates, visit https://www.esf.edu/es/dss/. If you have questions, contact the DSS coordinator at email@example.com.
The English for Speakers of Other Languages Center (ESOL) provides academic and cultural support for multilingual students and scholars at ESF. Offerings include individual writing support, language tutoring, conversation groups, pronunciation workshops, and a conversation partner program. For location, more detailed information and updates, visit https://www.esf.edu/wrc/esol.htm. If you have questions, contact the ESOL coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Public Speaking Lab (PSL): The Public Speaking Lab (PSL) is a free student-to-student service which supports the development of our undergraduates' public, academic, and professional speaking skills. PSL student tutors work with you online to provide formative feedback on presentations and presentation materials (outlines, organization and visuals). For location, more detailed information and updates, visit https://www.esf.edu/wrc/psl.htm. If you have questions, contact the PSL coordinator at email@example.com.
The Writing Resource Center (WRC): WRC tutors work with students online, focusing on brainstorming, organization, drafting, and revising, as well as other writing-related tasks. Its mission is to help students succeed in a strong ESF writing community. For appointments, more detailed information, and updates, visit https://www.esf.edu/wrc/wrc.htm. If you have questions, contact the WRC coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Student Honored with Award for Student Excellence
- Vending Machines Part of the Plastic-Free Solution
- ESF Hires Project Director for NYS Center for Sustainable Materials Management
- Class Crosses Continents to Prepare Consultants
- ESF Against the Stigma of Mental Illness Promotes Mental Health Awareness
- ESF Helps Give Westcott Reservoir Expanded Purpose
- Department Name Change Acknowledges 21st Century Environmental Needs
- ESF Celebrates Black History Month
- Winter Sports Suspended at SUNY ESF
- Do People’s Perceptions Shape Trust of Gene Editing in Agriculture and Food?
- ESF to Host Virtual Career and Internship Fair
- ESF Hosts Semester-Opening Virtual Family Sessions
- Professionals in Sustainability Webinar Series at ESF
- ESF Welcomes New Counsel
- ESF Researchers to Perform Critical Water Quality Investigations on Cayuga Lake
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210