Academic Student Services Are Now Available
ESF offers a number of services to support student academic success and achievement. To learn more, visit the web pages of each service listed below.
Digital Storytelling Studio (DSS): The Digital Storytelling Studio (DSS) is a support center for brainstorming, composing, and editing digital stories (podcasts, videos, photo projects) about science and the environment. The DSS offers free rental of camera and audio equipment, tutoring for students and faculty working on digital stories, computers equipped with editing software (Adobe Suite) and lectures and workshops that help frame an approach toward storytelling—both in and out of the classroom. For location, more detailed information and updates, visit https://www.esf.edu/es/dss/. If you have questions, contact the DSS coordinator at email@example.com.
The English for Speakers of Other Languages Center (ESOL) provides academic and cultural support for multilingual students and scholars at ESF. Offerings include individual writing support, language tutoring, conversation groups, pronunciation workshops, and a conversation partner program. For location, more detailed information and updates, visit https://www.esf.edu/wrc/esol.htm. If you have questions, contact the ESOL coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Public Speaking Lab (PSL): The Public Speaking Lab (PSL) is a free student-to-student service which supports the development of our undergraduates' public, academic, and professional speaking skills. PSL student tutors work with you online to provide formative feedback on presentations and presentation materials (outlines, organization and visuals). For location, more detailed information and updates, visit https://www.esf.edu/wrc/psl.htm. If you have questions, contact the PSL coordinator at email@example.com.
The Writing Resource Center (WRC): WRC tutors work with students online, focusing on brainstorming, organization, drafting, and revising, as well as other writing-related tasks. Its mission is to help students succeed in a strong ESF writing community. For appointments, more detailed information, and updates, visit https://www.esf.edu/wrc/wrc.htm. If you have questions, contact the WRC coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Academic Success Center (ASC) provides peer tutoring and mentoring support for over 30+ ESF courses; students can register and sign up at esf.mywconline.com. They also provide 1:1 academic coaching, contact email@example.com to make an appointment.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Weather Alert: Dangerously Cold Wind
- Dr. Chang Geun Yoo Receives NSF CAREER Award
- New SUNY Chancellor John B. King Visits ESF
- The New York State Center for Sustainable Materials Management Launches Statewide Zero Waste Call for Projects
- Staff Spotlight: Tyler Dorholt
- Mighty Oak Monday: Alex Paonessa
- Dr. Fred Agyeman Earns Honorable Mention for SUNY Chancellorís Distinguished PhD Dissertation
- ESF Adds EV Truck to Its University Police Fleet
- U.S. News & World Report Ranks ESF Among Best Online Programs
- Tell an Inspiring Story to Help Move the Planet Forward
- Staff Spotlight: Jacob Gedetsis
- ESF Chestnut Project Seeks Public Comment
- ESF Welcomes New Students for Spring Semester
- Governor Hochul Announces Green Purchasing Communities Program
- ESF Joins Global Alliance, Pledging Commitment to Protect Nature
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210