Register for National Science Foundation Grant Workshop
Registration Closes Feb. 15, 2021
There is still time to register for the workshop: Write Winning Grant Proposals: National Science Foundation (NSF) Focus, offered by the Syracuse University Office of Research. This is a two-day workshop and will take place virtually on March 11 and 12, from 8:30 a.m. to noon each day. Note that both parts are critical for maximal understanding and future usage of the directed writing approach addressed in the workshop.
This opportunity will comprehensively address both practical and conceptual aspects that are important to writing competitive grant proposals to NSF. In this two-day program, Dr. Lauren Broyles from the Grant Writers' Seminars and Workshops will emphasize proposal idea development, identification of the appropriate program office, how to write for reviewers, and a detailed breakdown of proposal components. The content includes material for applications to NSF, although much of the workshop is applicable to other funding agencies. This workshop is appropriate for faculty members, postdoctoral researchers, graduate students, and administrative staff who have had some exposure to writing grant applications, either through training, mentoring, or personal experience. All participants will receive an extensive handout, as well as a hardcopy of The Grant Application Writer's Workbook.
This workshop is open to faculty and staff at Syracuse University, ESF and SUNY Upstate.
• Syracuse University Faculty and Staff: $100
• Syracuse University PhD Students (first 75 registrants): All slots filled.
• SUNY ESF and SUNY Upstate Registrants: $150
Recent ESF News
- ESF Student Honored with Award for Student Excellence
- Vending Machines Part of the Plastic-Free Solution
- ESF Hires Project Director for NYS Center for Sustainable Materials Management
- Class Crosses Continents to Prepare Consultants
- ESF Against the Stigma of Mental Illness Promotes Mental Health Awareness
- ESF Helps Give Westcott Reservoir Expanded Purpose
- Department Name Change Acknowledges 21st Century Environmental Needs
- ESF Celebrates Black History Month
- Winter Sports Suspended at SUNY ESF
- Do People’s Perceptions Shape Trust of Gene Editing in Agriculture and Food?
- ESF to Host Virtual Career and Internship Fair
- ESF Hosts Semester-Opening Virtual Family Sessions
- Professionals in Sustainability Webinar Series at ESF
- ESF Welcomes New Counsel
- ESF Researchers to Perform Critical Water Quality Investigations on Cayuga Lake
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210