SUNY Undergraduate Research Conference Moves Online
The Annual SUNY Undergraduate Research Conference (SURC) will be held online Friday, April 16. The SURC is a multidisciplinary spring semester event that brings together undergraduate students and faculty mentors from across the SUNY system for a full day of activities.
ESF will sponsor up to 50 undergraduates to submit abstracts, with the $10 submission fee waived. The abstract submission deadline is March 12, and information about submission requirements can be found here.
With the use of 'OnAir' virtual conference software to replicate all the interactive features of a traditional face-to-face conference, the SURC will host synchronous and asynchronous sessions devoted to student presentations (orals, performances, artistic displays, and posters), keynote speakers, a SUNY Graduate School and Career Fair, and professional development workshops for students and faculty. Click here for more information.
Submissions can include research, creative writing, and visual art. Students who submit need to have a faculty mentor who will be specified in the submission process. Note that this conference is taking the place of the ESF Spotlight on Student Research, which is cancelled for 2021 due to the pandemic situation.
In order to take advantage of this opportunity, communicate with your research mentor and submit your abstract at the link above.
In order for ESF to cover the registration fee, select "pay by check" in the payment portal, but do not send payment. ESF will cover the submission fee after the submission period closes. Do not pay by credit or debit card, as reimbursements cannot be processed.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Announces Plans for Fall 2021 Semester
- Dr. Rundell Named Editor-in-Chief of International Scientific Journal for Molluscs
- ESF Receives SUNY Grant for Food Pantry Refrigeration
- Vote for Oakie in SUNY’s 2021 Mascot Madness
- ESF Hosts Mini Maple Weekend at Heiberg Forest
- SUNY Announces Grand Opening of Vector Biocontainment Lab at Upstate Medical to Research Infectious Diseases
- Tap Into Maple Syrup at Heiberg Forest
- March Mammal Madness Takes to Twitter
- ESF Student Honored with Award for Student Excellence
- Vending Machines Part of the Plastic-Free Solution
- ESF Hires Project Director for NYS Center for Sustainable Materials Management
- Class Crosses Continents to Prepare Consultants
- ESF Against the Stigma of Mental Illness Promotes Mental Health Awareness
- ESF Helps Give Westcott Reservoir Expanded Purpose
- Department Name Change Acknowledges 21st Century Environmental Needs
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210