ESF Announces Plans for Fall 2021 Semester
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) is planning for a return to full in-person instruction for the fall 2021 semester.
As more people are vaccinated, college officials are hopeful for a return to a "better normal."
"With vaccination eligibility opening up, we anticipate that a majority of our community will be vaccinated by mid-summer, making it possible to move ahead with plans for a fully in-person fall semester," said Joanie Mahoney, ESF president.
Due to the renovation of Marshall Hall, larger lectures will be held at neighboring Syracuse University.
The plan for in-person instruction this fall is contingent on updated public health guidance from SUNY, the Onondaga County Department of Health, the New York State Health Department and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Further details will be shared as more information becomes available.
"Our faculty have begun planning for face-to-face instruction with full classrooms and are looking forward to seeing their students again," said Dr. David Newman, interim provost and vice president for academic affairs.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Weather Alert: Dangerously Cold Wind
- Dr. Chang Geun Yoo Receives NSF CAREER Award
- New SUNY Chancellor John B. King Visits ESF
- The New York State Center for Sustainable Materials Management Launches Statewide Zero Waste Call for Projects
- Staff Spotlight: Tyler Dorholt
- Mighty Oak Monday: Alex Paonessa
- Dr. Fred Agyeman Earns Honorable Mention for SUNY Chancellorís Distinguished PhD Dissertation
- ESF Adds EV Truck to Its University Police Fleet
- U.S. News & World Report Ranks ESF Among Best Online Programs
- Tell an Inspiring Story to Help Move the Planet Forward
- Staff Spotlight: Jacob Gedetsis
- ESF Chestnut Project Seeks Public Comment
- ESF Welcomes New Students for Spring Semester
- Governor Hochul Announces Green Purchasing Communities Program
- ESF Joins Global Alliance, Pledging Commitment to Protect Nature
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210