Solar Energy Basics Hits 50,000-plus Enrollments
Open Academy's non-credit Solar Energy Basics course on the Coursera platform recently hit a milestone of 50,000-plus enrollments since it launched back in 2019. It puts that course in the top 10 enrollments of SUNY courses on the Coursera platform, out of approximately 60 courses.
The course was developed by Dr. Neal Abrams, Associate Professor in the Department of Chemistry with instructional design and technical support from the Open Academy.
The course has a global reach, and has been subtitled into eight languages in addition to English. It's one of three courses on solar energy for Coursera developed by Abrams to provide learners with a foundation for designing photovoltaic systems. The second course, Solar Energy System Design, launched in the summer of 2020 and a third will launch this summer. Abrams has also been using these courses as part of a credit-bearing course this semester as part of the online Sustainability Management program, SUS 496- Solar Power: PV Design & Installation.
Recent ESF News
- Mighty Oak Monday: Conner Grant
- Mighty Oak Monday: Bel Fiorese
- SUNY ESF Hosts NYSDEC 2022 Forest Ranger Training Academy in the Adirondacks
- Mighty Oak Monday: Twiggy Hamilton
- Robin Hood Oak Offspring Marks an ESF Connection
- Mighty Oak Monday: KC Coryatt
- Trees, Pavement Are Testimony to Lasting Effects of Housing Discrimination
- Mighty Oak Monday: Alex Allen
- ESF Named Best Value College, Ranked No. 1 Public School for Making an Impact
- ESF Becomes an Affiliate of Bee Campus USA
- Mighty Oak Monday: Grace Burrows
- ESF Introduces Campus Sustainability Walking Tour
- Ranger School Graduates May 14
- Mighty Oak Monday: Daniela Ilona Manuschevich Vizcarra, ‘14
- ESF Celebrates the Class of 2022
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210