ESF Women’s Soccer Team Clinches National Championship
Mighty Oaks defeat Paul Smith’s 4-1 for the national title
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) Mighty Oaks women's soccer team won the United States Collegiate Athletic Association's (USCAA) national championship in Virginia Beach today, Nov. 15 defeating Paul Smith's College 4-1.
ESF dominated play from the start of the game outshooting and out-possessing Paul Smith's.
Tournament MVP was senior Grace Sinsebox. This was the Mighty Oaks' third appearance in the title match and their first championship victory. The team had only one loss in regular season play against Cazenovia College.
The team is coached by Mandy DaRin and Assistant Coach Brooke Barnes. This is DaRin's first full year coaching the Mighty Oaks. DaRin was named Hudson Valley Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (HVIAC) Women's Soccer Coach of the Year in October.
"It's a tremendous history-making achievement. The team and coaching staff worked very hard throughout the season and it was certainly a well-deserved victory," said Dan Ramin, director of ESF athletics.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Highlights Student Research on National GIS Day
- Dr. Theresa Selfa Appointed Environmental Studies Chair
- ESF Women’s Soccer Team Clinches National Championship
- ESF Cross Country Teams are National Champs
- Faculty Spotlight - Dr. Nicholas Pflug
- Faculty Spotlight – Dr. Joshua Drew
- ESF’s Mark Lichtenstein Honored Lifetime Achievement Award by National Recycling Coalition
- Dr. Samuel B. Mukasa Joins ESF as Executive Vice President and Provost
- ESF Senior Accepted to SUNY Upstate Medical University
- Faculty Spotlight – Dr. Cynthia J. Downs
- SUNY ESF Listed in Top 10 of Top 50 Green Colleges
- ESF to Induct 2021 Class into Athletic Hall of Fame
- Faculty Spotlight - Dr. Yaqi You
- SUNY ESF’s Dr. Mariann Johnston Named Society of American Foresters Fellow
- SUNY ESF Awarded Prestigious National Science Foundation Grant
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210