Dr. Christopher Nomura Honored as ESF Exemplary Researcher
Researcher recognized for exemplary research activity
Dr. Christopher Nomura has been honored with the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry's (ESF) Exemplary Researcher Award. The award recognizes a current researcher who has exemplary research activity, an impressive publication record and active graduate/undergraduate student research programs.
Since coming to ESF in April 2006, Nomura has secured $3.8 million in grant funding from numerous organizations including the National Science Foundation, Tokyo University of Science, U.S. Department of Energy, New York State Energy Research and Development Authority, and the U.S. Department of Agriculture McIntire Stennis program.
Nomura, an assistant professor in ESF's Department of Chemistry, specializes in the fields of microbiology, biotechnology and molecular biology with special interest in using molecular techniques to improve the supply of precursors for biobased products. He has submitted three notices of technology disclosure for patent applications.
By invitation, he has given 17 presentations in the past five years throughout the United States, China and Japan and served as advisor for graduate and post-doctorate students through their course of study.
This award, which is made annually, provides a $5,000 research account that can roll over for three years. Nomura will present a campuswide research seminar highlighting his work as the first seminar in the Adaptive Peaks Series during the 2011-12 academic year.
Recent ESF News
- Landscape Architecture Students Celebrate PARK(ing) Day
- Scientists Turn to UN to Sound Alarm about World’s Oceans
- Mighty Oaks Welcome New Men's Basketball Coach
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
- CCLP Honored for Landscape Preservation Project in California
- American Fisheries Society Honors Ringler
- ESF Hosts Largest-Ever Incoming International Class
- ESF Hosts Inclusive Excellence Welcome Reception
- 2018 Fall Sports Preview
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210