Staff Spotlight: Jill Rahn 8/2/2022SHARE:
While enrolled at ESF, Jill Rahn worked a summer job at Heiberg Forest in 2014 and liked it so much that she never left. After graduating with a bachelor's degree in 2015 and a master's degree in 2017, she became a Forest Resource Analyst in the College's Department of Forest Properties. "We could always rely on Jill as a student, which made her a great choice to become a part of the staff at Heiberg Forest," said Mark Appleby, Forest Property Manager.
Jill's day-to-day responsibilities include forest management and analysis, marking trees to cut, managing timber sales, communication and outreach efforts, and assisting with maple syrup management. Jill also facilitates the needs of ESF faculty conducting research on the property.
Her hard work was recognized when she was named Chair of the Central New York Chapter of the Society of American Foresters (SAF). She has been a member of SAF since she was a student and has been involved ever since. Her duties as Chapter Chair began this summer and will run for a two-year term.
Congratulations, Jill, on your accomplishment and thank you for your continued service to ESF!
Recent ESF News
- Alumni Spotlight: Stacy McNulty, '97 & Michale Glennon, '02
- Mighty Oak Monday: Manoon Pilosungnoen
- Alumni Spotlight: Jacob Darius, ’22
- Staff Spotlight: Jill Rahn
- Mighty Oak Monday: Anindita Paul
- SUNY ESF Summer Science Week at the MOST
- Alumni Spotlight: Hannah Pilkey, ’17 & ’21
- Mighty Oak Monday: Julia Niehoff
- SUNY ESF Congratulates Dean’s and President’s Lists for Spring 2022
- Alumni Spotlight: Wayne Schacher, ’71
- ESF Acquires Three Buses, Saving the College Substantially and Providing Much-Needed Transportation
- Mighty Oak Monday: Tatianna Moragne
- ESF's Corpse Flower Blooms
- Alumni Spotlight: Karina Lang, '22
- Mighty Oak Monday: Sarah Quadt
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210